UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2016

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see what, if any, exclusives will be at NYCC. It seems like we've been seeing fewer exclusives and no promos at cons as of late. Also, didn't DSTChuck mention that we will get something different than the zombie box set that we've seen the last few years? Maybe we will find that out soon as well.

4 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

It's coming up pretty quick. Does DST have any exclusives planned? I know Funko has already revealed a massive number of exclusives, and others revealing as well. 

Yeah, Funko has revealed a crap-ton of things, and they keep on announcing certain stuff. NYCC is about 2 weeks away, so I imagine, sooner rather than later, we'll see what DST plans are. I'm not expecting much though, considering the luckster (IMO at least) SDCC packs. I just hope we get something comic-related.

2 hours ago, pk13 said:

I'm interested to see what, if any, exclusives will be at NYCC. It seems like we've been seeing fewer exclusives and no promos at cons as of late. Also, didn't DSTChuck mention that we will get something different than the zombie box set that we've seen the last few years? Maybe we will find that out soon as well.

I think Zach said that what's replacing the zombie pack this year are the two Netflix box-sets.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Still holding out hope for a Marvel Monsters set for Halloween.

secavn2010034.jpg

But we'll probably get a Legion of Monsters if only because 1) DST has to get more use out of that Man-Thing sculpt, and 2) Ghost Rider is kind of a big deal now on ABC.

I sure would love the above four-pack, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Not that a Legion of Monster pack is more likely. DST generally tends to stay away from Supernatural-esque Marvel stuff. To be honest, I'd be happy with something comics related that's rather modern. I'm dying for some ANAD mates, and while that's not feasible for a 4-Pack, I'd like something like, say, a Secret Avengers 4-Pack. Or a Street-Level one. Even a Spider-Man one with characters like modern Black Cat, Kaine, etc, etc. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd like to see a modern Champions box set exclusive (Kamala Khan, Chulk, Tyclops, and Viv), but maybe that would make more sense as wider-release item.

I can't say I'd be a huge fan of that, as these characters do nothing for me. There are certain ANAD costumes I'd love to see, though, namely Doom's new Iron Man armour.

10 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

I can't say I'd be a huge fan of that, as these characters do nothing for me. There are certain ANAD costumes I'd love to see, though, namely Doom's new Iron Man armour.

I'd quite like a Kamala Khan minimate, but the others are mostly just there because they'd make sense as inclusions since the team seems to be pretty heavily publicised.

I'd definitely like to see some more ANAD/Marvel NOW! (again)/Whatever it is now, especially the remaining members of Avengers, Steve Rogers Cap and Infamous Iron Man.

21 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd quite like a Kamala Khan minimate, but the others are mostly just there because they'd make sense as inclusions since the team seems to be pretty heavily publicised.

I'd definitely like to see some more ANAD/Marvel NOW! (again)/Whatever it is now, especially the remaining members of Avengers, Steve Rogers Cap and Infamous Iron Man.

There are enough ANAD designs to fill out an LCS and TRU wave, if you ask me. There are some I'd like to see more than others, but for the most part, the ANAD redesigns are great IMO.

Edited by Kostisfire

4 hours ago, hellpop said:

Looking forward to the show, Zach?  This is your last one for the year, right?

My wife will be glad when it's over! A week away from home makes it hard for her. Three kids, two cats and a dog are a lot of work.

3 hours ago, pk13 said:

Are promos no longer going to be something that DST does or are we just in a drought?

We have concerns about their actual promotional value vs. cost. When a guy comes up every year and asks for one of those "little guys", and admits he's gotten them for years but has never paid for any others and doesn't know their name, you start to question the investment.

2 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Well, that's a bummer. I was hoping for a Cap-related box-set, what with Civil War turning out great and all. Something like USAgent, WW3 Red Skull, Sharon Carter & Modern Baron Zemo would've made for an awesome 4-Pack.

Working on a possible comic four-pack for 2017, but for comic shops. Not Cap, though. Not a ton of Avengers in 2017.

Oh, and we may have some new action stand packs at the show, we tweaked the pack a little.

18 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Working on a possible comic four-pack for 2017, but for comic shops. Not Cap, though. Not a ton of Avengers in 2017.

Oh, and we may have some new action stand packs at the show, we tweaked the pack a little.

That's good to hear, I'm always excited about comic 4-Packs. Not a lot of Avengers doesn't sound too bad either. There are many corners of the MU that still have potential. Even a Spider-Man wave would be nice, considering the Sin-Eater one was years ago. Needles to say, I'm hoping for an ANAD one at some point (gotta get that Iron Doom).

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We have concerns about their actual promotional value vs. cost. When a guy comes up every year and asks for one of those "little guys", and admits he's gotten them for years but has never paid for any others and doesn't know their name, you start to question the investment.

Ack!  We're never going to get that translucent purple Donatello, are we?

Edited by Mattallica

I haven't gone for a couple years now.  It used to be cost effective for me, because I can get a pro pass (librarian perk!), and I had family that lived in the city.  But now they've jacked up the pro price, and I no longer have a place to stay.  But even ignoring those two factors the con had become so big it really wasn't all that much fun anymore.

On 9/23/2016 at 10:16 PM, Mattallica said:

Ack!  We're never going to get that translucent purple Donatello, are we?

Maybe when we relaunch TMNT, we'll work it in.

On 9/24/2016 at 9:41 PM, hellpop said:

Impressive non-answer. :D

Sorry, I am looking forward to it. But it's long hours on my feet, lots of making resin prototypes stand up... I will see old friends, which is nice.