UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WOLVERINE 3 MINIMATES

Scrothergo22

If there was a lesson to be learned from The Wolverine assortment it's that putting a Logan in every 2-pack is a bad idea. This is a character who can still anchor an assortment. I'd use him sparingly and wouldn't put him in any more than two spots.

Edited by MisterPL

21 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

If there was a lesson to be learned from The Wolverine assortment it's that putting a Logan in every 2-pack is a bad idea. This is a character who can still anchor an assortment. I'd use him sparingly and wouldn't put him in any more than two spots.

Well, they did put Deadpool in every 2-Pack in the recent wave, even with Cable. And I'd say someone like Domino is more well-known than most of Logan's foes. I'd much rather get some other characters instead of a Logan in every 2-Pack, but I imagine that is such a wave happened, we'd get more than 2 Wolvies.

1 hour ago, Kostisfire said:

Well, they did put Deadpool in every 2-Pack in the recent wave, even with Cable. And I'd say someone like Domino is more well-known than most of Logan's foes. I'd much rather get some other characters instead of a Logan in every 2-Pack, but I imagine that is such a wave happened, we'd get more than 2 Wolvies.

Could always use the Laura/X-23 from the blind bag series to add another "Wolverine" in there. Could do the same with Daken as well... Would like to see those two get recycled somewhere easier to get ahold of. Add the Weapon X costume and that's 3 "Wolverine" mates that people would probably be ok with. Add some the others mates people have brought up in this thread like Deathstrike, Gladiator, Maverick, Beast, etc. Maybe Jean Grey in her green and yellow Marvel Girl costume. Release alongside move and call it a win.

1 minute ago, Chigarillo said:

Could always use the Laura/X-23 from the blind bag series to add another "Wolverine" in there. Could do the same with Daken as well... Would like to see those two get recycled somewhere easier to get ahold of. Add the Weapon X costume and that's 3 "Wolverine" mates that people would probably be ok with. Add some the others mates people have brought up in this thread like Deathstrike, Gladiator, Maverick, Beast, etc. Maybe Jean Grey in her green and yellow Marvel Girl costume. Release alongside move and call it a win.

I did add Daken to my list (he's paired with Gorgon), but I think they'd rather market him as Dark Wolverine. As for Laura, I guess a re-release of the Blind Bag fig will prove useful to us who can't get our hands on such figs easily. The thing with Wolverine is that even though he's well-known, he doesn't have many enemies, let alone high profile ones, and at this point, there are very few costume variations DST can do. Weapon X with headgear is a must, but beyond that, the rest of his suits aren't that iconic or interesting. We've already had folks like Sabes, Omega Red, Viper and the like, leaving only characters such as Ogun and Gorgon to be made. 

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I would quite like an updated age of Apocalypse Wolverine if he was paired with an AOA character we haven't had before like nightcrawler or gambit or pretty much anybody new.  

I'd take an AoA Kitty Pryde. And I guess they could pack him with some add-ons to make Weapon Omega:

4185099-james_howlett_(earth-295)_from_u

They could also pack him with Deathlok, either in his normal or Uncanny X-Force get-up. I'd much rather get him, tbh.

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

wheres that from?

Remender's Uncanny X-Force. It's from the Age of Apocalypse story-arc. It's set some time after the events of the original AoA. Magneto is in a wheelchair, Iceman is sorta-evil, Wolverine is Apocalypse's successor, that kind of stuff. And anyway, apart from the characters we have, there were also X-Force versions of Deathlok and AoA Nightcralwer. I'd also take an X-Force Deadpool, to be honest, because it's probably his second most well-known costume, and I think it could both use an update, and let newer fans have a chance at getting it. 

6 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Well, they did do a Comic Deadpool wave to sorta accompany the film, and we haven't had a Wolverine-centric one since 38, so I think it's very likely. Now, considering we need a Wolverine in every pack, I wouldn't mind seeing this become a reality:

LCS:

Weapon X (with Helmet and all) / Lady Deathstrike (Classic Look)

Brown Wolverine / Silver Samurai

Team X Wolverine / Cyber

Dark Wolverine (Daken, Solo Book get-up) / Gorgon (Tomi, Secret Warriors get-up)

TRU:

Madripoor Black Costume Wolverine / Ogun

Battle Damaged Wolverine (torn clothes, blood, zombie limbs for X-Treme BD, maybe an extra head with his skull showing) / Wendigo

Fang Wolverine / Gladiator

That's how you do a Wolverine wave.Maybe switch out Daken for Albert/Elise Dee, but yeah. Nice wave.

28 minutes ago, pk13 said:

That's how you do a Wolverine wave.Maybe switch out Daken for Albert/Elise Dee, but yeah. Nice wave.

Thanks! As for Daken, well, he's the "Wolverine" of that pack, and I doubt Gorgon could carry it by himself. Besides, we haven't gotten this look:

tumblr_o05wm5OlCq1v3sqczo1_500.jpg

Pack him with Gorgon's look from Secret Warriors:

latest?cb=20100422104923

And you've got yourself a hell of a 2-Pack. That reminds me how much I'd love a Secret Warriors wave...

Edited by Kostisfire

Personally, if a wave like this were to happen I'd prefer all the Wolverines actually be Logan. Also, these are some of the most shocking reasonable wishlists I've ever seen, so good job. The only thing missing that I would like to see is an updated Cassaday Astonishing X-Men Wolverine and a Logan like this:

Bradstreet%20wolverine_zpsfyzloyw7.jpg

Edited by stack32

Dunno, I think all the movie Logan mates have gotten the civillian look down, though I wouldn't mind an official comic book one. I'd really like a very Battle-Damaged one though. I'm talking torn limbs, bloody wounds, his skeleton showing, all that jazz. As for the Wolverines, eh, I think we can let Daken as Dark Wolverine slide.

I'd generally agree with you on the civilian versions, I just happen to really like the look with that jacket and since the DofP version failed in that regard it would be nice to get it somewhere. I don't expect anyone else to see it as important.

A new battle-damaged Wolverine would be cool if DST went far enough with it, I just kind of doubt they would.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

I'd generally agree with you on the civilian versions, I just happen to really like the look with that jacket and since the DofP version failed in that regard it would be nice to get it somewhere. I don't expect anyone else to see it as important.

A new battle-damaged Wolverine would be cool if DST went far enough with it, I just kind of doubt they would.

With some cool accessories and a more "cool" looking figure in the 2-pack, I think a Civilian Logan could work. Admittedly though, he's at the bottom of my list.

As for a more ravaged BD mate, well, I don't think it'd be too much of a problem. The more gross looking parts could just be extras to a relatively normal looking shirtless Logan. There might be some legal stuff involved though, kinda like how Marvel isn't allowing Zombiefier versions of their heroes to appear anywhere.

What I would want from a Wolverine wave:

Gladiator/Wolverine as Fang (with an alt Fang head);

Silver Samurai/Wolverine in that blue jumpsuit he wore early on in his solo comic;

Maverick/Team X Wolverine? I guess?  I just want Maverick;

Weapon X, with all the crazy BWS gear/don't really care at this point, I'm good, you guys pick.

32 minutes ago, hellpop said:

What I would want from a Wolverine wave:

Gladiator/Wolverine as Fang (with an alt Fang head);

Silver Samurai/Wolverine in that blue jumpsuit he wore early on in his solo comic;

Maverick/Team X Wolverine? I guess?  I just want Maverick;

Weapon X, with all the crazy BWS gear/don't really care at this point, I'm good, you guys pick.

This would be my choice for a Wolverine wave too, but with a new Lady Deathstrike packed with Weapon X Wolverine. For the TRU wave, I'd like to see:

Weapon X Wolverine/Weapon X Deadpool

AoA Weapon Omega/X-Force Nightcrawler

Solo Daken/Cyber

On September 22, 2016 at 6:57 PM, stack32 said:

Maybe people are being realistic? Waves built around A-listers are going to happen so there's no shame in discussing what we'd want them to look like and Wolverine in particular could give us some pretty decent pairings.

I'm not saying that's not reasonable. I think that it's a great way to get out other characters. However, I don't think that a whole wave with it is the best idea. The deadpool wave was different seeing as we haven't had nearly as many 'pools as we have Wolverines. Maybe I just have an unpopular opinion.

On September 23, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Kostisfire said:

Well, they did do a Comic Deadpool wave to sorta accompany the film, and we haven't had a Wolverine-centric one since 38, so I think it's very likely. Now, considering we need a Wolverine in every pack, I wouldn't mind seeing this become a reality:

LCS:

Team X Wolverine / Cyber

Dark Wolverine (Daken, Solo Book get-up) / Gorgon (Tomi, Secret Warriors get-up)

TRU:

Madripoor Black Costume Wolverine / Ogun

Battle Damaged Wolverine (torn clothes, blood, zombie limbs for X-Treme BD, maybe an extra head with his skull showing) / Wendigo

I'd actually be interested in getting all of this. Like 100%

On 9/23/2016 at 7:06 AM, Kostisfire said:

LCS:

Team X Wolverine (w/parts for Creed and North)/Maverick

Dark Wolverine (Daken, Solo Book get-up) / Cyber

TRU:

Fatal Attractions Wolverine (w/Adamantium tendrils)/Magneto

I can't stand the idea of getting Team X Wolverine without Maverick and there's one MAJOR variant we're forgetting, so...

I also realigned so that TRU gets the more "identifiable as Wolverine" packs and the less brutal of the two BD figures

Edited by Mnemosis

I still love that wave as well Mnemosis! I prefer Gorgon over Cyber but maybe with cyber we could see some beefed up arm pieces besides those of the hulk (wishful thinking I know). Besides that I think the wave is flawless! I love "story packs" as I like to call them like the fatal attractions and the thought of having the added adamantium tendrils and such would really make that a contender for mate of the year!

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

25 minutes ago, Mnemosis said:

I can't stand the idea of getting Team X Wolverine without Maverick and there's one MAJOR variant we're forgetting, so...

I also realigned so that TRU gets the more "identifiable as Wolverine" packs and the less brutal of the two BD figures

No Gorgon = NO DEAL!

Nah, just kidding. I'd be pretty happy with that wave, though I genuinely would love to have a Secret Warriors Gorgon. 

Just now, Mnemosis said:

Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE Gorgon. But I see HIM fitting in more places/having more appeal than Cyber. Gorgon has been the enemy of Wolverine, the Secret Warriors, and the Avengers. We could get him in a wave with Shang Chi, for instance

Yeah, he definitely has more chances, that's true. But with recent Waves being what they are, I don't think there are many chances of getting such characters these days. A Secret Warriors Wave has little to no chances these days, for example.