UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WOLVERINE 3 MINIMATES

Scrothergo22

Will we be getting a minimates wave for Hugh Jackman's and Patrick Stewart's final performances as Wolverine and Prof. X? Weve gotten X3, Wolverine Oringins, Wolverine, Days of Future past, yet for some reason we didnt get a Deadpool Movie or  X-men Apocalypse Wave, it would be great if we could get a wave to represent this movie. Especially with Mister Sinister rumored to be the villain, plus this would open the door way for Deadpool 2 minimates.

Seems like there was an embargo on X-Men movie merchandise and that's what precluded DST from offering anything based on Apocalypse and Deadpool. That and/or the lack of reference material to make product in time for the films' respective release dates. Not that the Minimates collectors care about that but retailers certainly seem to.

I'd say the lack of Deadpool or Apocalypse 'mates (sadly, IMO) makes me think this is pretty unlikely.

I know the FoX-Men have their detractors, but I've always liked their movies. I'm sad to see minimates moving away from them, especially since the movies we do have some representation of generally lack a few crucial characters.

10 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I'd take a catch-up series or two just to fill gaps (Silver Samurai, Quicksilver, Silver Tiger) but Chuck doesn't want to go backward. (Well, he'll go back to the future a couple times but... Never mind. I'm not even going to try to understand his criteria.)

I think Zach's said that they can't make figures from the older Marvel movies without re-licensing them, and DST doesn't think it would be worth it (I could be imagining that though). If we did get a catch-up series or two, though, my ideal lineup would probably be some combination of:

Moira MacTaggert/Riptide (X-Men: First Class)

Banshee/Angel Salvadore (X-Men: First Class)

Silver Samurai/Final Battle Viper (The Wolverine)

Quicksilver/Beast (X-Men: Days of Future Past)

Bolivar Trask/Classic Sentinel (X-Men: Days of Future Past)

Kitty Pryde/Iceman (X-Men: Days of Future Past)

Blink/Future Sentinel (X-Men: Days of Future Past)

Granted, there's a little wishful thinking with regards to the number of DoFP sets (and that's not even including Warpath, Bishop, Colossus, Sunspot, Rogue or Stryker).

Abysmal sales of the Wolverine Minimates, plus nothing from Deadpool or Apocalypse (which provided us with some of the best, most colorfully designed X-Men costumes/looks in film thus far) makes me think this is not going to happen.  But DST seems to have been unaffected by the larger embargo that some have speculated on re: X-Men merchandise.  Because we still got Minimates, though nothing else, for DOFP and First Class (no likeness right issues muddying the waters probably contributed to this).

If it's releasing in March then DST must know by now one way or another. I would think a Wolverine-themed comic wave would be more likely, though the date means at least in theory there might be room for a movie release (March is more open than the summer). I'd be fine with a comic wave since there are a number of worthwhile Wolverine variants that have either not been made or could use an update.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

If it's releasing in March then DST must know by now one way or another. I would think a Wolverine-themed comic wave would be more likely, though the date means at least in theory there might be room for a movie release (March is more open than the summer). I'd be fine with a comic wave since there are a number of worthwhile Wolverine variants that have either not been made or could use an update.

You're right, there are still quite a few. I'd be happy with a Wolverine-based wave.

I'd say tie-in wave is our best bet...

TRU:

Bone/Broken Claw Wolverine/Cyber

X-23 Wolverine/Chulk

Astonishing Wolverine/Beast

Specialty:

Team X Wolverine (w/Creed and North parts)/Maverick

Weapon X Wolverine (w/helmet)/Silver Fox

Astonishing Wolverine/Colossus

Professor Wolverine (w/parts for New X-Men look)/Quentin Quire (w/New X-Men parts)

Edited by Mnemosis

I'd like to see something like this.

LCS:

Fang Wolverine (with Fang parts)/Lilandra

Ninja Patch Wolverine/Silver Samurai

Team X Wolverine/Maverick

Death Wolverine/Pestilence Caliban (with regular Caliban parts)

TRU:

Fang Wolverine (with Fang parts)/Gladiator

All-New X-23/Chulk

New X-Men Wolverine/Beast

Some other interesting options would be:

AoA Weapon Omega Wolverine/AoA X-Force Nightcrawler

Dark X-Men Daken Wolverine/Dark X-Men Weapon Omega

Weapon X Helmet Wolverine/Silver Fox

Here Comes Tomorrow Wolverine/Cassandra Nova

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

11 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

My ideal Wolverine wave

Madripoor black suit Wolverine and Silver Samurai

Weapon X with helmet and redo of Lady Deathstrike

A properly colored brown suit Wolverine and Sprite Kitty Pryde

Fang Wolverine and Gladiator

That sounds great to me. I hadn't thought of a new Lady Deathstrike, but we need one.

Thinking over more, I think this would be my ideal Wolverine LCS wave, but with Team X Wolverine and Maverick in place of brown suit Wolverine and Sprite (as I'd like to see a new brown suit Wolverine anchor a full 80's Secret Wars-ish era X-Men wave).

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

I can live with re-releases of A-listers if they are packaged with someone new.

I'll happily buy another Wolverine if it means we get Cyber. I'll buy 5 Wolverines if it means i can get Gladiator, Silver Samurai, Maverick, Lilandra and Donald Pierce.
I'm not thrilled about the prospect of having another 5 Wolverines, but it's going to happen anyway. I realise that it's needed to keep the line going, and i'll happily take them if it means the line expands and covers new characters. 

Well, they did do a Comic Deadpool wave to sorta accompany the film, and we haven't had a Wolverine-centric one since 38, so I think it's very likely. Now, considering we need a Wolverine in every pack, I wouldn't mind seeing this become a reality:

LCS:

Weapon X (with Helmet and all) / Lady Deathstrike (Classic Look)

Brown Wolverine / Silver Samurai

Team X Wolverine / Cyber

Dark Wolverine (Daken, Solo Book get-up) / Gorgon (Tomi, Secret Warriors get-up)

TRU:

Madripoor Black Costume Wolverine / Ogun

Battle Damaged Wolverine (torn clothes, blood, zombie limbs for X-Treme BD, maybe an extra head with his skull showing) / Wendigo

Fang Wolverine / Gladiator