UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

3D MiniMate template?

TBT!

Does anyone out there have a 3d modeled minimate template? 

I recently picked up a 3d printer and have started to look at all of the custom potential it brings. Obviously a base minimate would be a good place to start & was wondering if anyone had already done the ground work and built a good basic minimate template that they'd be willing to share & I could use as a base to start from?

Feel free to respond here or shoot me a PM.

T.

I've done the head, torso, and crotch piece in OpenSCAD. Hands and feet should be easy enough but have not done them. Arms and legs are beyond my skill with this tool. Was going to try to teach myself Blender to do those but have not gotten there yet. If someone else has them to share I'd be extremely grateful!

10 hours ago, pk13 said:

You're going to make a set of Hobo Avengers, aren't you?

Who said I didn't already? ;)

1 hour ago, luke314pi said:

I never finished mine. I scaled the joints exactly, but they didn't function right when I printed them. I tried many different adjustments, but they never worked. Then the printer broke, and I gave up. 

I wonder if that's a friction/materials thing?

I was sort of amazed at how far the tech has come, mine prints like a charm and was pretty much ready to go out of the box. 
Care to share the files you have, If I can fix it I'll share back? 

T.

So I was stuck indoors yesterday and made a minimate head... I'll do the torso next and then probably the crotch, hands, feet and the arms/legs last. 
That way I know all the sizes of sockets and will learn a lot about the tolerances of the joints as I go.

The idea is to build parts that work well together but also work perfectly with real minimate parts. I am finding that there is a lot of variety in minimate joint sizing, using a 2009 FCDB minimate my head joint has perfect minimate snap on and off, most other torsos I tried are also good but there are some ( SF2 minimates for example) that it won't even fit into the neck. I can see me making a couple of variants that fit the fatter neck stumps better or perhaps a head that's something like .25mm smaller so that it can be painted and still fit hair/helmets etc.

Is there a diagram/drawing out there somewhere with all the minimate dimensions from DST/AA?

T.