UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

RIP Gene Wilder

NerdyTrev

So many memories of this man making me laugh. I grew up with him as Willy Wonka, and he taught me what true comedy was in Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. He was a phenomenal actor, one that shall certainly go down in history for showing so many of us the magic of the movies. 

RIP Gene Wilder.

oh wow - what sad news. His Wonka was just brilliant. The levels it played on were amazing. Everytime i watch that film, i discover something new in his performance.

What a very gifted actor and comedian. RIP

Watched Haunted Honeymoon last night. If you want to see a movie written and directed by Wilder, starring him, Gilda Radner, Dom Deluise, Jonathan Pryce, Master Aemon and the guy who played Bluto, in a spoof of classic horror movies and a love letter to old radio serials, I highly recommend it. It is a favorite of me and the missus.

Silver Streak is another of my favorite Wilder films you don't hear about much. Suspense-comedy on a train with Richard Pryor.