UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alice Through the Looking Glass

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see it when it comes through my library.

On a Minimate note, hit my third Hot Topic and struck out again on Monochrome Time:

Alice (not sure which)

2x Red Queen

White Queen

Cheshire

Time (regular, I bought this one)

3x Hatter

So, I am still looking for Monochrome Time, if anyone is able to help. Thanks.

Hopefully DST will add the Hot Topic Blind Bag cases to their website the same way they did the KMart TMNT Clip Strip.  After numerous calls to Hot Topic Store/Region/Corporate leadership, there doesn't appear to be any way to purchase a full case directly from Hot Topic or have the warehouse ship a full case directly to my local store, all because for whatever reason they have decided to just ship individual bags to the stores instead of full cases.

On 8/25/2016 at 4:23 PM, BCDX97 said:

I did.  I thought it was fun.  I know it's all the rage these days to see movies and then complain about them on the Internet, but I think that's pretty lame.

But what if...the movie is actually awful?  (I'm not talking about this movie specifically because I haven't seen it and have zero interest.)  

It's all subjective but, yeah, I'm not a fan of all the prejudice out there. Certain folks like to bitch about something before there's even a script let alone a trailer. Sometimes it's deserved but it's usually just a knee-jerk (emphasis on jerk) reaction in a medium where commenters would rather be "FIRST!!!" than best.

I'll gladly read fully informed opinions but if I'm interested in seeing a movie, I'll usually see the movie. I'm a lifelong Batman fan but the one thing that kept me from seeing Batman & Robin in theaters was MY opnion of Batman Forever. All other reviews just ended up validated by decision to skip it.

10 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I'll gladly read fully informed opinions but if I'm interested in seeing a movie, I'll usually see the movie. I'm a lifelong Batman fan but the one thing that kept me from seeing Batman & Robin in theaters was MY opnion of Batman Forever. All other reviews just ended up validated by decision to skip it.

I thought Batman Forever was okay but Batman & Robin is universally hated.  I finally gave Superman/Batman a chance (even after hearing A LOT of bad things about it) and I had a hard time sitting through the entire movie.  I was fine with the casting, I just feel like they got all of the characters' personalities completely wrong.

Edited by MisterMiracle

There are redemptive qualities to all of them but the bad ended up outweighing the good for me with Schumacher's flicks. Batman v Superman shows promise but I think it was a little too ambitious. Had some of the scenes in the movie been saved as a post-credits epilogue, fans would have reacted better, I believe, if only because it would have followed Marvel's tried and true template so many moviegoers seemed to expect.

But DC's not following Marvel's template. DC seems to be telling one grand tale one cinematic chapter at a time. They can get away with that to a point because audiences are far more familiar with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman than they were with Iron Man, Thor, and even Captain America a few years ago. DC's main characters don't need the setup that Tony Stark did. 

And then they do Suicide Squad:wacko:

So yeah, Alice Through the Looking Glass. Mad Hatter might make a decent Batman villain. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So my lovely wife decided to run the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in Savannah, GA.

We got there two days early and so we stopped at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Pooler, GA.  There is a Hot Topic in that outlet mall.  I found only three Looking Glass Minimates and so I the only five NBX minimates I could find (which was good because Hot Topic was having a sale: Buy One get One Half-off). Of the three ATLG mates, I got a Red Queen, a White Queen and a regular Alice. I purchased all the ATLG minimates I could find at the Pooler, GA location as of Thursday, November 3rd.

So as we drove home, we stopped at Opry Mills Mall in Nashville, TN and I went to the Hot Topic there.  I was having a hard time feeling the packages but I ended up with eight ATLG.  When I opened them I was surprised. I got Alice, two Time-Frozen Alice, two Mad Hatter, a Disappearing Cheshire Cat, Time and a Red Queen.  I was hoping to get Monochrome Time no luck.  I purchased all the ATLG mates the Opry Mills Mall location had as of Monday, November 7th.

I am just glad I was able to find them and so happy for my collection.  Now I will need to get Dee and Dum and the White Rabbit and the regular Cheshire Cat.