UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alice Through the Looking Glass

It was brought up in the NBX thread that Alice Through the Looking Glass blind bags were found at Hot Topic, but now I have to ask what is the lineup for this group? I know the comic shop line has the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, 2 different Alice's, the Time Keeper and the TRU lineup also has the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit, but beyond that, I do not know of anything else. Any help?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the back of the bag:

-Alice Kinsleigh

-Disappearing Cheshire Cat

-Mad Hatter

-Monochrome Time

-Red Queen

-Time

-Time-Frozen Alice

-White Queen 

Monochrome Time is marked as RARE! I'm not sure what the order is because these were put on a peg and there didn't seem to be a full case. The Monochrome Time and Time-Frozen Alice are straight repaints, so you can't really tell them with the feel method. Cheshire Cat was pretty easy to spot, though.

White Queen is also at specialty.

C671C8F1-EA1D-40A9-9069-C2EF90220D49_zps

Dee and Dum

1274B99D-253A-4F06-B7BB-2023EED6115D_zps

TRU Cat and Rabbit

30DA0D56-CACE-4C87-999C-876C7063C1A8_zps

Edited by Onyx_6

I don't know if this is a company-wide rule, but the very rude guy I dealt with at the counter would only let me buy five blind bags. He said that there is a five per person limit, and wouldn't let me buy the six that I had brought up. I went back later in the night and bought the rest of the Alice figures, but it wasn't a fun experience.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I really like the figures. The cat is a pretty cool design.

Edited by pk13

So, I found these and the NBX mates at Hot Topic Yesterday. NBX was easy to feel out as there was a full case of 18 and the box.

Alice, not so much. There were only 10 bags on a peg in the Disney area. When I asked the clerk, she said they came in a ziploc bag without the box. She was pretty sure the 10 was all they had. In feeling them up, I found:

4 Hatter
2 Cheshire
1 Time
3 Alice

I left the 4 Hatters and bought the other 6. I have not opened them yet to see if I managed the exclusives or not. I was actually hoping to find the Red Queen, but no luck. What should the case have contained?

And both Alice and NBX were all Buy 1, Get one 30% off.

Edit: It's too bad that this Alice (or any one) wasn't a 'Classic" Alice in the blue dress.

Edited by Onyx_6
Added an extra thought!

Well, I hit up the other Hot Topic in the area and they also only got in 10 Blind Bags:

4 Hatter
2 Cheshire
2 Alice
1 White Queen
1 That the employees could not find but their computer system said they had.

From my first purchase, I got regular Time, regular Alice and 2 Time Froze Alice. I have a Disappearing Cheshire Cat and a Time-Froze Alice that I am willing to trade for the Monochrome Time and Red Queen. Any help would be appreciated.

And seriously, what is going on with distribution on these? Clearly the 2 stores were working from 2 different cases. 8 Hatters, 4 Cheshires, 5 Alices, 1 Time and 1 White Queen? :gah:

That is odd....

I went to the closest Hot Topic in my area and they had a full box of NBC minimates on top of the counter, but all they had were 6 packs of Alice mates all hanging on a plastic strip off the side of the counter. I asked if they had any more and they said that was all they had. I just assumed someone beat me to the other 12 or so packs.

I bought those six and got: 1 Alice, 2 White Queens, 2 Red Queens and 1 Monochrome Time...which kinda sucked since the ones I wanted the most were Hatter and Cheshire.

I agree they don't seem to be stocking these like they have been the NBC mates.

Stopped by Hot Topic, they had the new Nightmare Before Christmas stuff in a box at the checkout counter, but these were stuffed on one of the strips near the other impulse items.. They also only had 6 there, but I didn't ask if they had more. I felt 2 Cheshires, 2 Times, and 2 Alices, so I figured I had a good chance at getting the exclusives.

Bought one of each and an extra Cheshire for a friend, got the regular Alice and Time. Nice figures, but the exclusive versions are going to be a pain, especially at almost $6 a piece. <_<

Edited by Smashmaster12

Okay, so exclusives:

Hot Topic:
Phasing Cheshire
Frozen Alice
Monochrome Time

LCS:
Tweedles
Alt. Alice

TRU:
Rabbit
Cheshire

White Queen is at Hot Topic & LCS, but not TRU. Everyone else is everywhere else?

Is LCS blind or 2-packs?

It is so hard keeping track of all these different licenses. :confused:

I think to appease the collectors like us. One exclusive is easier to track down and it puts more Heavy Hitters there as well, even if they ate duplicated elsewhere.

And I believe LCS is 2-packs, with Alices and Tweedles as the short packs/variants.

Not that it matters, but Time Alice is in the wrong outfit. She should be in the other Alice outfit.

I like that you guys made that a variant, though. Creative.

Did anyone buying these actually see this movie? SO BAD.

Spoiler

Alice blows up the universe because of her own selfishness. Time is the hero of the whole dang thing.

Edited by JPC

48 minutes ago, JPC said:

Not that it matters, but Time Alice is in the wrong outfit. She should be in the other Alice outfit.

I like that you guys made that a variant, though. Creative.

Did anyone buying these actually see this movie? SO BAD. Alice blows up the universe because of her own selfishness. Time is the hero of the whole dang thing.

Well, I guess I don't need to see it now ?

3 hours ago, JPC said:

Did anyone buying these actually see this movie? SO BAD. Alice blows up the universe because of her own selfishness. Time is the hero of the whole dang thing.

I did.  I thought it was fun.  I know it's all the rage these days to see movies and then complain about them on the Internet, but I think that's pretty lame.