UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel's Runaways coming to Hulu?

MisterPL

They are, but they're not an active team anymore, some of the members do still pop up in various titles. And yeah, the original run was cancelled, but then it sold well in digest trade format and they brought it back for several more years. It was pretty critically acclaimed, at least up until Brian K. Vaughan left the book. Could work as a series, not sure if their pet dinosaur would fit a TV budget though, which would be a bummer.

Edited by battlecat

Dividing your fans over multiple services doesn't seem like a great way to get them to watch all your shows.

Doesn't the premise of Runaways rely heavily on continuity that doesn't exist in the MCU? Removing that leaves you with a much less interesting show.

I've been thinking about ditching Hulu since The CW made this crappy deal with Netflix. I was used to watching Arrow, Flash, iZombie, and Legends of Tomorrow the next day on Hulu. Now I'll have to wait eight days after the season ends. Ridiculous.

Hulu was also supposed to have a deal with AMC for new content but so far the only thing up is the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. I'd love to watch Preacher on Hulu, too, but... <_<

Seems to me they will be fine sticking to the first 18 issues for inspiration and the tagline "What would you do if your parents were supervillians? 

The original cast has no ties to any continuity; additional characters did later, but, as always with the film/tv translations, they can ignore it or change the connections.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvels-runaways-coming-television-heres-what-you-need-know/view=all

Should we petition for it to be on Netflix? Haha. With Netflix it'd have the chance of going for more than one season/being a dead pilot. I have no idea why whoever is making this show chose Hulu. Stack32 made a good argument why everything about this show, as much as I'd love it as well, seems to have failure written all over it.