UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
CortherX

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I posted this on the MMV Facebook group, but I thought I would post it here too: Be VERY careful when taking the tape off the Storm and Nightcrawler alternate heads! The paint peels very easily. We have found that you have to do it very slowly and gently (that's what she said). And if you ordered a loose set from our store, don't worry, you will NOT be receiving one of these damaged heads.

ifaIIb8.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Luke. I'll definitely be extra careful when opening mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Liney said:

That pic is a serious evidence of why parts should be cast in the actual colour needed rather than painted. 

I'd say it's more a case of not learning from your mistakes..........I'm thinking 'T'cats' first box set !!  Using a suitable tape to secure the parts to the box seems fundamental to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Liney said:

That pic is a serious evidence of why parts should be cast in the actual colour needed rather than painted. 

I was thinking more of the turn the face around (kind of like the skrulls would be the correct way to go but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'd say it's more a case of not learning from your mistakes..........I'm thinking 'T'cats' first box set !!  Using a suitable tape to secure the parts to the box seems fundamental to me. 

Hmm. From what I remember, that was a completely different problem. The tampo came off at a touch, not due to the tape. There was no tape on Lion-O's belt, and on the sword the paint stayed where it was. So not a tape problem, but a tampo problem. I have not seen that T-Cats problem surface again. And I have never seen this problem before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish tape wouldn't be used at all. I'd much rather the two pieces of blister card be taped together tightly to keep stuff in. 

Edited by Mystery Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a replication of Giant-Size X-Men #1 I did for #ACBA. No photoshopping on this one folks. All practical effects. Enjoy!

Acba_cover.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I was thinking more of the turn the face around (kind of like the skrulls would be the correct way to go but whatever.

That would work, but fundamentally the issue is still there. If Nightcrawler's skin is blue, make the head from blue plastic. 

 

That cover is amazing Mini_Myte, I love the changed title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2016 at 8:27 PM, luke314pi said:

I posted this on the MMV Facebook group, but I thought I would post it here too: Be VERY careful when taking the tape off the Storm and Nightcrawler alternate heads! The paint peels very easily. We have found that you have to do it very slowly and gently (that's what she said). And if you ordered a loose set from our store, don't worry, you will NOT be receiving one of these damaged heads.

ifaIIb8.jpg

Zach, is there any chance DST could look into doing a run of replacement heads available through customer service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MINI_MYTE said:

Here is a replication of Giant-Size X-Men #1 I did for #ACBA. No photoshopping on this one folks. All practical effects. Enjoy!

Acba_cover.jpg

It doesn't get any better than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, why does DST not hire Mini-Myte as a contractor to do some photography?? That picture (like many before) is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the cover replica. Talk about a pain in the ass to set up. It took three days to figure out the positions and angles. I even used stand in mates till I got my hands on wave 68 this past Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, youbastards said:

Zach, is there any chance DST could look into doing a run of replacement heads available through customer service?

Nobody has contacted customer service, so it's purely hypothetical at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MINI_MYTE said:

Here is a replication of Giant-Size X-Men #1 I did for #ACBA. No photoshopping on this one folks. All practical effects. Enjoy!

Acba_cover.jpg

This is amazing! Keep up the good work as always! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MINI_MYTE said:

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the cover replica. Talk about a pain in the ass to set up. It took three days to figure out the positions and angles. I even used stand in mates till I got my hands on wave 68 this past Wednesday.

 

This cover is EVERYTHING! I am using it as my phone screen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MINI_MYTE said:

Here is a replication of Giant-Size X-Men #1 I did for #ACBA. No photoshopping on this one folks. All practical effects. Enjoy!

Acba_cover.jpg

Phenomenal work MINI_MYTE! The poster is perfect! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MINI_MYTE said:

Here is a replication of Giant-Size X-Men #1 I did for #ACBA. No photoshopping on this one folks. All practical effects. Enjoy!

Acba_cover.jpg

I saw the behind the scenes footage on Facebook.  Absolutely astounding work sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my set from Luke. Good stuff. I'll take more pics later. Also didn't have an issue with storms alt head. Only issue is, besides Wolverine, the holes on everyones feet are too big for the pegs

Snapchat-2538340406210203180_zpsoo1q8swv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Only issue is, besides Wolverine, the holes on everyones feet are too big for the pegs

2

Yeah, I've got that problem too. The flight stands are manageable, but Kurt won't stay on his bamf cloud. It's too bad, since otherwise they're fantastic. I do wish Cyclops, Colossus and Wolverine had a few specific accessories though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been keeping to up to date with things, has anyone taken any comparisons shots with the original GSX set yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...