UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
CortherX

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

Recommended Posts

This wave looks fantastic finally a classic sun fire and banshee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hellpop said:

Hey Zach, is Sunfire's mask still a full slipon, including his mouth?  Here it looks like the bottom is cut out, which differs from the prototype we saw in Chicago.

Based on this photo it looks like the mask is like most of the recent ones, with the mouth cut out.

14241529_1258810377496550_31718691597160

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look great.  I dig the slightly larger than usual masked Wolvie eyes, that seem to have more of a Cockrum vibe to them.

Edited by karamazov80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, karamazov80 said:

They look great.  I dig the slightly larger than usual masked Wolvie eyes, that seem to have more of a Cockrum vibe to them.

So do the stripes on his side. Cockrum drew them a little less even than later artists. I think that's an awesome touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

They do not. Different yellows, very different blues. This wave's Wolvie uses colors that mimic Marvel's printing colors at the time.

Greatest Hits Wolvie is a closer match for TRU 22's Wolvie, according to Barry, but I'm sure you've tried that.

Thanks very much for the info! I'm still getting TWO custom cases, so rest assured your news wasn't all-bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mystery Man said:

Thanks very much for the info! I'm still getting TWO custom cases, so rest assured your news wasn't all-bad. 

I'm curious as to what you're going to do with them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm curious as to what you're going to do with them all.

When series come out that I like (classic comics), I tend to purchase the Hell outta them to show my support for the type of product I like. Plus, I like having spares just in case one breaks several years from now when they're expensive on the secondary market. Lastly, I like to support Luke's store. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, Mystery Man said:

When series come out that I like (classic comics), I tend to purchase the Hell outta them to show my support for the type of product I like. Plus, I like having spares just in case one breaks several years from now when they're expensive on the secondary market. Lastly, I like to support Luke's store. 

 

Reading this reminds me I need to get ahold of Luke to see if he can add an extra Colossus/Nightcrawler to my order. Want to try making Nocturne and Mimic customs using parts from that set.

nocturne-bigcostume1.jpg

rankin00.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Reading this reminds me I need to get ahold of Luke to see if he can add an extra Colossus/Nightcrawler to my order. Want to try making Nocturne and Mimic customs using parts from that set.

nocturne-bigcostume1.jpg

rankin00.jpg

 

That's a good idea. I'm planning on getting a second set to make a human-form Colossus, but I could probably try these from the leftovers. What are your plans for Mimic's body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll need to find a way t get a second Cyke head, so I can finally use Lukes eye-blast pieces....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That's a good idea. I'm planning on getting a second set to make a human-form Colossus, but I could probably try these from the leftovers. What are your plans for Mimic's body?

Looked through my parts bn and don't have anything really close. Thinking I might have to paint the Best of/ Greatest Hits Wolverine body. Really just needs blue squares where the black triangles are, and a blue neckline. My plan is to use Hwoarang's hair piece and repaint it blonde for his head.

 fig1396flg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Looked through my parts bn and don't have anything really close. Thinking I might have to paint the Best of/ Greatest Hits Wolverine body. Really just needs blue squares where the black triangles are, and a blue neckline. My plan is to use Hwoarang's hair piece and repaint it blonde for his head.

 fig1396flg.jpg

Can't wait to see them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys:

Do we know if this Banshee's collar piece matches the yellow of strike force Banshee?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

am I remembering correctly that thunderbird and warpath wore the same thing? If thats the case does that mean were a sunspot away from a through the ages 90's x-force?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

am I remembering correctly that thunderbird and warpath wore the same thing? If thats the case does that mean were a sunspot away from a through the ages 90's x-force?

i've been using the original Thunderbird as my Warpath for a long time.

 

xforce.jpg

this is an old pic with my custom Siryn

Edited by CortherX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I could always use new mutants sunspot in his plasma form and call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tray shots courtesy of DST's FB page.14379949_1266901253354129_78720532554865
Edited by MINI_MYTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look great, and there are plenty of accessories, but I can't help wishing they came with an optic blast Cyclops mask, clawless Wolverine hands and a fastball special hand for Colossus.

Nightcrawler's assortment of extras looks the best to me (which is good because he's my favourite Marvel character), but Storm and Banshee have some great parts for posing and alternate looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely looking forward to this wave.

Minimates have definitely come a long way from this original Giant-Size X-Men set...

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_xmenminis_8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how only one character in this wave has normal pupils (not counting behind masks) 

Edited by Heinous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta admit I'm still partial to that original Nightcrawler head - so much character. Some old 'Mates will never be replaced, like the original Doctor Doom.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...