UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, karamazov80 said:

They look great.  I dig the slightly larger than usual masked Wolvie eyes, that seem to have more of a Cockrum vibe to them.

So do the stripes on his side. Cockrum drew them a little less even than later artists. I think that's an awesome touch.

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

They do not. Different yellows, very different blues. This wave's Wolvie uses colors that mimic Marvel's printing colors at the time.

Greatest Hits Wolvie is a closer match for TRU 22's Wolvie, according to Barry, but I'm sure you've tried that.

Thanks very much for the info! I'm still getting TWO custom cases, so rest assured your news wasn't all-bad. 

13 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm curious as to what you're going to do with them all.

When series come out that I like (classic comics), I tend to purchase the Hell outta them to show my support for the type of product I like. Plus, I like having spares just in case one breaks several years from now when they're expensive on the secondary market. Lastly, I like to support Luke's store. 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, Mystery Man said:

When series come out that I like (classic comics), I tend to purchase the Hell outta them to show my support for the type of product I like. Plus, I like having spares just in case one breaks several years from now when they're expensive on the secondary market. Lastly, I like to support Luke's store. 

Reading this reminds me I need to get ahold of Luke to see if he can add an extra Colossus/Nightcrawler to my order. Want to try making Nocturne and Mimic customs using parts from that set.

nocturne-bigcostume1.jpg

rankin00.jpg

4 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Reading this reminds me I need to get ahold of Luke to see if he can add an extra Colossus/Nightcrawler to my order. Want to try making Nocturne and Mimic customs using parts from that set.

nocturne-bigcostume1.jpg

rankin00.jpg

That's a good idea. I'm planning on getting a second set to make a human-form Colossus, but I could probably try these from the leftovers. What are your plans for Mimic's body?

7 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That's a good idea. I'm planning on getting a second set to make a human-form Colossus, but I could probably try these from the leftovers. What are your plans for Mimic's body?

Looked through my parts bn and don't have anything really close. Thinking I might have to paint the Best of/ Greatest Hits Wolverine body. Really just needs blue squares where the black triangles are, and a blue neckline. My plan is to use Hwoarang's hair piece and repaint it blonde for his head.

fig1396flg.jpg

2 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Looked through my parts bn and don't have anything really close. Thinking I might have to paint the Best of/ Greatest Hits Wolverine body. Really just needs blue squares where the black triangles are, and a blue neckline. My plan is to use Hwoarang's hair piece and repaint it blonde for his head.

fig1396flg.jpg

Can't wait to see them!

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

am I remembering correctly that thunderbird and warpath wore the same thing? If thats the case does that mean were a sunspot away from a through the ages 90's x-force?

i've been using the original Thunderbird as my Warpath for a long time.

xforce.jpg

this is an old pic with my custom Siryn

Edited by CortherX

They look great, and there are plenty of accessories, but I can't help wishing they came with an optic blast Cyclops mask, clawless Wolverine hands and a fastball special hand for Colossus.

Nightcrawler's assortment of extras looks the best to me (which is good because he's my favourite Marvel character), but Storm and Banshee have some great parts for posing and alternate looks.