UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

On 11/29/2016 at 8:58 AM, TENIME_art said:

I really liked the face on the original, just not the hairpiece, obviously.

I repainted a NewBSG Baltar hairpiece, and really like it:

DSCN2985.jpg

The thing I never liked about that shadow cat was the semi transparent limbs she has been represented like that a few place except for the comic books, because she phase into a wall or whatever but she doesn't turn invisible doing it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

The thing I never liked about that shadow cat was the semi transparent limbs she has been represented like that a few place except for the comic books, because she phase into a wall or whatever but she doesn't turn invisible doing it.

I thought it was strange too. They did that with the classic Vision, as well.

Dang my Storm got part of her face peeled like I've heard of happening to nightcrawler :/ 

I'll probably just buy another pack from Luke's, the flame blasts and storm accessories are enough to warrant it in my opinion. DST more than made up for some eh paint apps or whatever the face peeling problem is with good accessories. 

I really want a dang old follow up wave for X-Men with a rereleased/updated Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Juggernaut and Beast. Come on DST please make it happen. The aftermarket prices on these are RIDICULOUS. 

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Dang my Storm got part of her face peeled like I've heard of happening to nightcrawler :/ 

I'll probably just buy another pack from Luke's, the flame blasts and storm accessories are enough to warrant it in my opinion. DST more than made up for some eh paint apps or whatever the face peeling problem is with good accessories. 

I really want a dang old follow up wave for X-Men with a rereleased/updated Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Juggernaut and Beast. Come on DST please make it happen. The aftermarket prices on these are RIDICULOUS. 

That's really too bad. I definitely agree about the accessories and 90's rereleases/updates, though. Archangel really needs one too.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Maybe something like an, "X-Men Legacy" wave? Four sets from different eras that capture the characters essence well enough. It'd be a good way to incorporate re-releases of wanted characters. Maybe something like:

90's Rogue/90's Gambit

All New Cyclops/All New Storm

Claremont Professor X/Juggernaut

Marvel Girl/Mesmero 

This way we capture three influential eras in the X-Men Mythos (60's, 70's, 90's, 2010's). I don't know how well this would be received, but I think it's a good idea. Maybe Mesmero isn't the best choice, but he's a classic 60's foe that was an important character more than once. 

I was trying to have each pack reflect a single era so I don't think Archangel would work with Marvel Girl. As for Iceman, I feel like we've seen enough love for Bobby in the past few years, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I don't want that horrid yellow outfit Angel had in the 60's. Like I said, I'm not too sold on Mesmero either, I just needed another prominent character from that era that would fit with Marvel Girl. 

EDIT: Maybe Mimic would work? Factor 3 Banshee? Unus? Mastermind?

Edited by NerdyTrev

10 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I was trying to have each pack reflect a single era so I don't think Archangel would work with Marvel Girl. As for Iceman, I feel like we've seen enough love for Bobby in the past few years, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I don't want that horrid yellow outfit Angel had in the 60's. Like I said, I'm not too sold on Mesmero either, I just needed another prominent character from that era that would fit with Marvel Girl. 

EDIT: Maybe Mimic would work? Factor 3 Banshee? Unus? Mastermind?

I'd say Mimic, Toad, or Mastermind for 60's.

11 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

It's more so about a rerelease to save many new collectors from paying ridiculous aftermarket prices. The tooling on Psylocke and Gambit is fine to me but I don't want to pay $80 for 2 2" figures. Thats like 4 Legends. 

Yeah, I have the figures but I can definitely see the issues with this for newer fans. It would be great to get either a best of X-Men wave with some tweaks to not to destroy the originals value. For example:

Psylocke that turns into Lady Mandarian and Butterfly effect with Archangel with extra heads (Blue and Tan heads masked and unmasked maybe even extra hair pieces for his Backstreet Boy and Mullet phases). Points for holding hands so that we can pose them as if he is carrying her.

Beast with labcoat (How cool would a transforming Beast be?) with a Red X-Factor Jean (I'm NOT giving up on this) or 60's Jean 

Rogue with different heads to show power absorption like Nightcrawler or Colossus or even Gambit) or different arms so she can have the costume on without the jacket. Or arms so that we can use the jacket on others. I'd pair her with Gambit with the Gambit accessories from Strike Force and arms for a non trench look. Points for a jumping stands. Also points for a new hair piece for Rogue like this:

655b1eb881a123ede5ef1fd45e696c34.jpg

11 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

It's more so about a rerelease to save many new collectors from paying ridiculous aftermarket prices. The tooling on Psylocke and Gambit is fine to me but I don't want to pay $80 for 2 2" figures. Thats like 4 Legends. 

Yeah, I have the figures but I can definitely see the issues with this for newer fans. It would be great to get either a best of X-Men wave with some tweaks to not to destroy the originals value. For example:

Psylocke that turns into Lady Mandarian and Butterfly effect with Archangel with extra heads (Blue and Tan heads masked and unmasked maybe even extra hair pieces for his Backstreet Boy and Mullet phases). Points for holding hands so that we can pose them as if he is carrying her.

Beast with labcoat (How cool would a transforming Beast be?) with a Red X-Factor Jean (I'm NOT giving up on this) or 60's Jean 

Rogue with different heads to show power absorption like Nightcrawler or Colossus or even Gambit) or different arms so she can have the costume on without the jacket. Or arms so that we can use the jacket on others. I'd pair her with Gambit with the Gambit accessories from Strike Force and arms for a non trench look. Points for a jumping stands. Also points for a new hair piece for Rogue like this:

655b1eb881a123ede5ef1fd45e696c34.jpg

47 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Does anyone know if CS will issue replacement heads for peeled faces? I haven't gotten my wave yet, and I'm nervous. :confused:

Just remove the tape on them very very slowly. I've heard some people that and still lose paint, but I had no issues and even gave the head with the pupils to a guy over at the fwoosh, beings I'm never gonna use it