UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great wave! In fact, I can't remember the last wave I was anticipating as much as I have this one.

However, my set of 8 is riddled with QC issues. Cyclops' visor is misshapen,  the paint on wolverines mask is so sloppy that the yellow of the "nose" area is almost completely black, and my alt Banshee head has a tampo alignment error, making it seem as though he has a milk mustache. Had only one of these issues been present, I wouldn't complain, but for nearly half of the wave to be this way disappoints me. I've had to order seconds of each from Luke. Fingers crossed for better results, particularly with the Cyclops visor issue.

8 hours ago, TheKrisLyons said:

It's a great wave! In fact, I can't remember the last wave I was anticipating as much as I have this one.

However, my set of 8 is riddled with QC issues. Cyclops' visor is misshapen,  the paint on wolverines mask is so sloppy that the yellow of the "nose" area is almost completely black, and my alt Banshee head has a tampo alignment error, making it seem as though he has a milk mustache. Had only one of these issues been present, I wouldn't complain, but for nearly half of the wave to be this way disappoints me. I've had to order seconds of each from Luke. Fingers crossed for better results, particularly with the Cyclops visor issue.

Did you send an email to customer service? Some of those sound like issues where they might be willing to send a replacement. Even if they aren't it's been made pretty clear that they don't take complaints about quality very seriously until people contact customer service so it's best to let them know if we want to see any improvement.

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Yeah the stands are the only issue I've had with mine. Sort-of annoying that the slightest bump to the table will make some fall down. Thunderbird is the worst of the bunch

Yeah, he is. The others are fine on their circle stands, but won't stay on the flight stands and the bamf cloud. My New Thor and especially Syrin seemed to have the same problem.

10 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

How easy is it to pop out those knee pegs? That's one mod I've never done.

super easy. I pop a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes. toss the legs in once it's done and wait like 2 more minutes. carefully remove the legs from the water (I used needlenose pliers) and the plastic should be pliable enough at this point to pry them apart with your fingers. the plastic for the pegs is a lot more rigid than the plastic used on the legs. I did it all by hand, no tools necessary in this assembly.

umm...basically any comic thor head?

Honestly  though, I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. looks like a dude that spends a bit of time in the Sun, tending a farm. it's not like he (the ryu mate) is some stereotypically offensive caricature from ww2 propaganda in terms of skin tone. 

21 minutes ago, TheKrisLyons said:

umm...basically any comic thor head?

Honestly  though, I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. looks like a dude that spends a bit of time in the Sun, tending a farm. it's not like he (the ryu mate) is some stereotypically offensive caricature from ww2 propaganda in terms of skin tone. 

Thanks. Yeah, the Ryu skin tone looks to work pretty well, so I'll probably end up using that (especially since my Ryu in missing a foot to begin with). I only have access to a limited selection of minimates, and I've had trouble finding generic enough heads, like a brown-eyed young looking face for Kitty Pryde.