UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I know this would totally be sacrilege to some people but if we ever get a graduation wave I would love to see iceman with a sculpted angular head as he was drawn at the time.

if such a head was later repurposed for a Kryten from red dwarf i'd support this

I’m in love with this wave. Twelve years ago, the Giant Size X-Men Boxed Set made me start to collect Minmates, so this series is a special one for me. I received them yesterday from Luke and I haven't noticed any QC issues beyond the problem with the stands. I hardened a couple of loose articulations, changed the Nightcrawler shoulder piece for the shoulder pads from the previous one and changed the upper parts from Wolverine arms for the hairy arms of the TRU 20 Wolverine (apparently I like hairy arms) and I’m ready to go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I’m in love with this wave. Twelve years ago, the Giant Size X-Men Boxed Set made me start to collect Minmates, so this series is a special one for me. I received them yesterday from Luke and I haven't noticed any QC issues beyond the problem with the stands. I hardened a couple of loose articulations, changed the Nightcrawler shoulder piece for the shoulder pads from the previous one and changed the upper parts from Wolverine arms for the hairy arms of the TRU 20 Wolverine (apparently I like hairy arms) and I’m ready to go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If you were so inclined the next X-Man to come along while everybody was still in those looks would be Disco Dazzler.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I swapped my extra Colossus' thighs out for those of a spare Avalanche, and it went perfectly. Thanks for the instructions, TheKrisLyons. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the leftovers.

some leftover pieces never truly find a home, unless you paint over them. post a pic when you have an opportunity!

Edited by TheKrisLyons

I've noticed several people add the Secret Invasion Beast to their X-Men line-ups. Although I will always consider Beast to be an X-Man, I have always assumed this look was primarily an Avengers outfit. Is he ever in the comics on this team in this form?

Backstory: I'm super particular about my displays.

27 minutes ago, Swarm198 said:

I've noticed several people add the Secret Invasion Beast to their X-Men line-ups. Although I will always consider Beast to be an X-Man, I have always assumed this look was primarily an Avengers outfit. Is he ever in the comics on this team in this form?

Backstory: I'm super particular about my displays.

Yes, he was there during the Dark Phoenix Saga.

3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to pick up my set of 68 (they were on hold at my comic book store, which is 10 hours from my current residence).  I'm beyond thrilled to finally have these guys.  Hands down my favorite X-Men line-up, and easily my favorite wave of figures since wave 48.  There are a few QC issues here and there, but I'm overall very happy.  The one change I did make was swapping the hair on Banshee with the wave 60 version.  The Morbius piece is a perfectly fine match for how he looks in GSXM, but Cockrum started drawing his hair a bit more "flippy" pretty early on.

ANADXMenMates.jpg

1 hour ago, Glantern said:

Finally got a chance to pick up my set of 68 (they were on hold at my comic book store, which is 10 hours from my current residence).  I'm beyond thrilled to finally have these guys.  Hands down my favorite X-Men line-up, and easily my favorite wave of figures since wave 48.  There are a few QC issues here and there, but I'm overall very happy.  The one change I did make was swapping the hair on Banshee with the wave 60 version.  The Morbius piece is a perfectly fine match for how he looks in GSXM, but Cockrum started drawing his hair a bit more "flippy" pretty early on.

ANADXMenMates.jpg

Great picture! I did the same thing with my Banshee's hairpiece.

On 10/8/2016 at 7:37 PM, Ozymandias said:

Yes, he was there during the Dark Phoenix Saga.

3.jpg

Late as always... But the Beast was pretty active with the X-Men back during that run. thanks to him the X-Men were able to defeat Mesmro when he invaded the mansion (around 111) and that of course lead to the epic saga in the Savage Land when he carried Jean through Antarctica and got her back to the mansion while the rest of the team was dead (in the Savage land). This led to Jean going to Muir Island and her exposure to Mastermind.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I really want a good Whedon beast. 

I assume you mean Joss Whedon, as in Astonishing X-Men?

If so, I think the whole Astoninshing team could use redos, with Beast in particular. Unfortunately, I don't think DST's in any hurry to remake any of the old 2000's X-teams (Ultimate, New, Astonishing). With this wave's release, they're the only groups of X-Men who I think look outdated.