UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

21 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I posted this on the MMV Facebook group, but I thought I would post it here too: Be VERY careful when taking the tape off the Storm and Nightcrawler alternate heads! The paint peels very easily. We have found that you have to do it very slowly and gently (that's what she said). And if you ordered a loose set from our store, don't worry, you will NOT be receiving one of these damaged heads.

ifaIIb8.jpg

Thanks for the tip, Luke. I'll definitely be extra careful when opening mine.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Liney said:

That pic is a serious evidence of why parts should be cast in the actual colour needed rather than painted. 

I'd say it's more a case of not learning from your mistakes..........I'm thinking 'T'cats' first box set !!  Using a suitable tape to secure the parts to the box seems fundamental to me. 

4 hours ago, Liney said:

That pic is a serious evidence of why parts should be cast in the actual colour needed rather than painted. 

I was thinking more of the turn the face around (kind of like the skrulls would be the correct way to go but whatever.

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'd say it's more a case of not learning from your mistakes..........I'm thinking 'T'cats' first box set !!  Using a suitable tape to secure the parts to the box seems fundamental to me. 

Hmm. From what I remember, that was a completely different problem. The tampo came off at a touch, not due to the tape. There was no tape on Lion-O's belt, and on the sword the paint stayed where it was. So not a tape problem, but a tampo problem. I have not seen that T-Cats problem surface again. And I have never seen this problem before.

7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I was thinking more of the turn the face around (kind of like the skrulls would be the correct way to go but whatever.

That would work, but fundamentally the issue is still there. If Nightcrawler's skin is blue, make the head from blue plastic. 

That cover is amazing Mini_Myte, I love the changed title. 

On 9/21/2016 at 8:27 PM, luke314pi said:

I posted this on the MMV Facebook group, but I thought I would post it here too: Be VERY careful when taking the tape off the Storm and Nightcrawler alternate heads! The paint peels very easily. We have found that you have to do it very slowly and gently (that's what she said). And if you ordered a loose set from our store, don't worry, you will NOT be receiving one of these damaged heads.

ifaIIb8.jpg

Zach, is there any chance DST could look into doing a run of replacement heads available through customer service?

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the cover replica. Talk about a pain in the ass to set up. It took three days to figure out the positions and angles. I even used stand in mates till I got my hands on wave 68 this past Wednesday.

10 hours ago, MINI_MYTE said:

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the cover replica. Talk about a pain in the ass to set up. It took three days to figure out the positions and angles. I even used stand in mates till I got my hands on wave 68 this past Wednesday.

This cover is EVERYTHING! I am using it as my phone screen!

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Only issue is, besides Wolverine, the holes on everyones feet are too big for the pegs

Yeah, I've got that problem too. The flight stands are manageable, but Kurt won't stay on his bamf cloud. It's too bad, since otherwise they're fantastic. I do wish Cyclops, Colossus and Wolverine had a few specific accessories though.