UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/18/2016 at 1:19 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

They look great, and there are plenty of accessories, but I can't help wishing they came with an optic blast Cyclops mask, clawless Wolverine hands and a fastball special hand for Colossus.

Nightcrawler's assortment of extras looks the best to me (which is good because he's my favourite Marvel character), but Storm and Banshee have some great parts for posing and alternate looks.

Very surprised they didn't include that Cyclops accessory; it would have been preferable to the extra Banshee head.  And it's too bad they didn't include parts to make a depowered Colossus; all you'd need would be a bare torso and arms, blue legs, human face and the same hairpiece with fleshy ears.  I mean, it's a easy enough quick custom, and I think that hairpiece was used by the SHIELD heavy agents, but it would have been nice to have (and probably would have convinced a lot of people to buy a second set).

On 20/09/2016 at 2:24 PM, hellpop said:

Very surprised they didn't include that Cyclops accessory; it would have been preferable to the extra Banshee head.  And it's too bad they didn't include parts to make a depowered Colossus; all you'd need would be a bare torso and arms, blue legs, human face and the same hairpiece with fleshy ears.  I mean, it's a easy enough quick custom, and I think that hairpiece was used by the SHIELD heavy agents, but it would have been nice to have (and probably would have convinced a lot of people to buy a second set).

So a second complete figure?

ive ordered 2 of the colossus/nightcrawler set and will raid the fodder box to make human form colossus and AoA xforce nightcrawler

20 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Why are you guys all against extra parts all of a sudden?

I just think it's too many alternate pieces for DST to have reasonably included.

21 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Fine, make your own unpowered Colossuses.  See if I care.

angry-amy.gif

That's what I intend to do. I have Iron Man 2020 hair, a Thief of Thieves head, SW Deadpool torso and Avalanche legs set aside specifically for that purpose.

6 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I just think it's too many alternate pieces for DST to have reasonably included.

That's what I intend to do. I have Iron Man 2020 hair, a Thief of Thieves head, SW Deadpool torso and Avalanche legs set aside specifically for that purpose.

I made mine years ago. Took the boots from Outback Piotr. The chest, arms and hair from Namor, the crotch of Giantsized X-Men Piotr same with the vest and the face of a random. The legs were from a spare Cap. The cuffs are from a AVX Wanda

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 8.08.13 PM.png

Edited by thereasonsy

I posted this on the MMV Facebook group, but I thought I would post it here too: Be VERY careful when taking the tape off the Storm and Nightcrawler alternate heads! The paint peels very easily. We have found that you have to do it very slowly and gently (that's what she said). And if you ordered a loose set from our store, don't worry, you will NOT be receiving one of these damaged heads.

ifaIIb8.jpg

1 hour ago, luke314pi said:

I posted this on the MMV Facebook group, but I thought I would post it here too: Be VERY careful when taking the tape off the Storm and Nightcrawler alternate heads! The paint peels very easily. We have found that you have to do it very slowly and gently (that's what she said). And if you ordered a loose set from our store, don't worry, you will NOT be receiving one of these damaged heads.

ifaIIb8.jpg

Well that sucks. :glare: 

And who knew Nightcrawler was really a Caucasian wearing a circus outfit; you think he would have taken it off more, you know, all those time he was being chased for being blue. :lol: 

17 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I made mine years ago. Took the boots from Outback Piotr. The chest, arms and hair from Namor, the crotch of Giantsized X-Men Piotr same with the vest and the face of a random. The legs were from a spare Cap. The cuffs are from a AVX Wanda

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 8.08.13 PM.png

The blue pants never made any sense. Where do they go when he turns metal? The rest of his clothes don't change. His little red swim trunks are still there. 

21 hours ago, luke314pi said:

ifaIIb8.jpg

That pic is a serious evidence of why parts should be cast in the actual colour needed rather than painted.