UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

4 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

if we ever got a classic X-Men wave that was structured like the upcoming Avengers classic 69 I would vote

Marvel Girl Jean with Toad
First Appearance Rogue with Mastermind
Kitty Pyrde Sprite with Brotherhood Quicksilver
Wolverine (Weapon X or Madripoor) with Silver Samurai 

I'd shift it just a tad to be:

Marvel Girl Jean with Mastermind (w/Sprite Head for New Mutants Body)

"Fang" Wolverine / Multiple Man

Toad / Mimic (w/Morph Head for wave 60)

Rogue / Silver Samurai

So then we would have two army builders almost and then get two more check marks off with the added heads. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I'd shift it just a tad to be:

Marvel Girl Jean with Mastermind (w/Sprite Head for New Mutants Body)

"Fang" Wolverine / Multiple Man

Toad / Mimic (w/Morph Head for wave 60)

Rogue / Silver Samurai

So then we would have two army builders almost and then get two more check marks off with the added heads. 

I'd rather not have an alternate head for a figure from that long ago. And unless Morph has appeared in X-Men '92, I don't think DST has the rights to him.

6 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd rather not have an alternate head for a figure from that long ago. And unless Morph has appeared in X-Men '92, I don't think DST has the rights to him.

He's shown up in X_Men '92 if I remember correctly. They were quick reads so I'd have to reread to be sure.

Uncanny+X-Men+%23258+-+new+uniforms.png

I would absolutely love those characters I am just not sure if I would want them before the ones previously listed though. A Lilandra/Gladiator two pack could easily work. A Muir Island X-Men set for Legion and Moria  could work as well. I do really like Moira's classic look but do have a soft spot for her version of the X-Costume.

Edited by thereasonsy

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I could see a Shi'ar/X-Men wave, maybe:

Fang Wolverine/Gladiator 

Shi'ar Xavier/Corsair

Lilandra/Shi'ar Guard

Deathbird/Shi'ar Guard

I love this wave too but agree a Vulcan is needed. Maybe in place of Shi'ar Xavier?

Animated Morph is based off of the Changeling from the 60's run. His look is even identical to how Neal Adams drew him without the headgear.

The character was killed off fairly soon and wasn't used again until an alternate version showed up in Age of Apocalypse and a similar alternate alternate version showed up in Exiles.

There are no rights issues whatsoever with Morph, he's a Marvel creation.

The Animated Series version was created so that they would have an X-Men to kill off early on that wasn't popular. If you believe the Urban Legend they called him Morph instead of Changeling due to a rights issue but I'm not getting into that.

His look UNMASKED is what translated from the page to the show unchanged, which I stated "without the headgear." Neal Adams was the first to draw him unmasked which is exactly how he looked in the cartoon.

He wasn't really created for the show as the character was somewhat of a blank slate for years. So the show developed a lot of his character traits which were retroactively inserted into comic canon. 

Edited by bigvis497

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

So he was basically a character created by the show. He never looked that way in the comics 

He was for sure intended to be Changeling, which is what bigvis is saying. Here is Changeling without his helmet on:

Changeling.jpg

And here's animated Morph:

250px-Morphanimted.png

The faces are almost identical. Morph was definitely intended to be the Changeling.

AoA Morph is the one that confuses everything but I'm pretty sure he is intended to be completely separate from animated Morph and Changeling.

AOA Morph is Changeling. They even make a reference to "that ridiculous purple headgear you used to wear" in one of the Astonishing X-Men issues. Since AOA is an alternate reality diverging from 616 at a concrete point, we can assume that they share the same history prior to Xavier getting killed. There's always the possibility that the similarities are coincidence which is why you will always see official references (not Wiki crap) refer to Changeling's real name as "presumed" Kevin Sidney. 

7 hours ago, CortherX said:

loved animated and aoa Morph. was nice to have the little history lesson, even if i'm already familiar with it.

Agreed. He was the first time I bought multiple versions of the same figure to have all of his heads used. Either way, if they had a Morph with and without a jacket with multiple heads to do his evil Morph and good Morph faces I would be overjoyed and get extra for the jackets. 

The reason it makes sense for SpA Morph to look so different is that you were in a world where mutants were now the ruling class. Why, then, would he attempt to look like a normal human? The implication is that the noseless white fleshed face is his "default" setting.