UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

3 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

What do you guys think if they had used that extra torso block for him? like the one groot uses, he'd have that extra height, without the bulk. I always felt thereshould be an extra set of arms and legs that are thicker than normal, for use with guys like him. It would be a nice in between from the skinny arms or bulked up slip-ons.

It would give him the height but it would probably look too skinny

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are close. SO close, to re-creating this cover. It's my holy grail. No toy line yet has delivered the full set of figures. MiniMates is short only green skirted Marvel Girl to make this happen. Arguably, Angel should have his black boots from the Neal Adams era, but that seems like a pretty easy QC. So big ups for Wave 68 for Sunfire & Banshee.

Early 5" ToyBiz lines never delivered a Polaris, and their blue Angel had a blue face. Marvel Legends is catching up, but short a Classic Storm and a Thunderbird.

c-x-men-1.jpg

18 hours ago, elhonez said:

We are close. SO close, to re-creating this cover. It's my holy grail. No toy line yet has delivered the full set of figures. MiniMates is short only green skirted Marvel Girl to make this happen. Arguably, Angel should have his black boots from the Neal Adams era, but that seems like a pretty easy QC. So big ups for Wave 68 for Sunfire & Banshee.

Early 5" ToyBiz lines never delivered a Polaris, and their blue Angel had a blue face. Marvel Legends is catching up, but short a Classic Storm and a Thunderbird.

c-x-men-1.jpg

I have this poster hanging up in my parent's house. I love it. Keep the dream alive!

Mesmero! What a great toy he'd make. Such a ridiculous looking character, but so toyetic! 
I'd be down for a Jean v Mesmero pack.... or is that just what the prospective 2-pack *wants* me to think O_o

If DST was able to throw together an Avengers MMMV "Wish List" wave, what's stopping them from doing the same thing with X-Men? Characters we've been clamoring in the X-verse like Toad, Mastermind, Skirt Jean, All New X-Men Cyclops and Storm. Some form of Wolverine to anchor the wave. I want that.

All-New X-Men Cyclops and Storm?

It sounds good otherwise, though. I'd like to see ANXM X-23 and Sprite.

Thinking about it, my suggestion would be :

Wolverine variant/related character

Classic Marvel Girl/First Appearance Rogue

Toad/Classic Multiple Man

Mastermind/Classic Multiple Man

For the Wolverine set, I'd say either Fang Wolverine (with parts for Fang) and Gladiator, Ninja Wolverine and Silver Samurai, or Team X Wolverine and Maverick.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

On 8/23/2016 at 4:58 PM, elhonez said:

c-x-men-1.jpg

Recreating this cover is a fine goal to have.  Minimates version of this would make for a swell variant cover....

Edited by hellpop

if we ever got a classic X-Men wave that was structured like the upcoming Avengers classic 69 I would vote

Marvel Girl Jean with Toad
First Appearance Rogue with Mastermind
Kitty Pyrde Sprite with Brotherhood Quicksilver
Wolverine (Weapon X or Madripoor) with Silver Samurai 

Edited by suicidewatch

5 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

if we ever got a classic X-Men wave that was structured like the upcoming Avengers classic 69 I would vote

That sounds great too. I gave mine an army builder because Wave 69 has one, but even packing would open up more slots.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That sounds great too. I gave mine an army builder because Wave 69 has one, but even packing would open up more slots.

yeah a classic pre X-Factor Multiple Man would make a great army builder for this hypothetical wave that you could pair with two Wolverine variants. 

3 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

I like all of these choices. And I like BuffaloD's suggestion of classic Madrox as an army builder. Frankly, there are still a lot of X-Men characters I'd drop some coin on.