UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series is wonderful. I'm so excited for classic Banshee with multiple cape options. 

Nightcrawlers sword is a nice touch too.

And - are those newly sculpted hands for Kurt?!?!

wow good timing on bringing this thread back to life!

i think Banshee's new cape pieces look cool with his arms up like that. i think if they're angled out a little bit more to the side instead of straight up, so the bottom is going behind him, they'll look really neat.

does Storm have an alternate head with her regular eyes, or just the white eyes? i notice that her mate on the back of the box is the only mate whose image is different from the original team shot (the pic i used at the start of the thread). did something change? i also noticed a long time ago she was much larger than the other mates in the original image. giant sized, if you will. maybe she just wasn't available at the time the original pics were taken?

this whole wave for me is a must, if mostly just so the full team can be displayed together. even Colossus is still a nice update, if not entirely different from the original. the muscle detail is nice. i'd like to get a fully bulked up Colossus some day, tho, with the bigger arms and legs to go with the chest piece. if outback Colossus'd had those extra pieces, i think he would have been real nice.

Edited by CortherX

22 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

That's not true. I actually am usually very easy to please I just think having an umpteenth version of a character that is nearly the same is wasteful and I would have preferred something else. Also as a sidebar let me know if you need me to bring any mates back to SYD for you.

Upon reflection I may have came across a tad harsh. I understand your point but this is just the perfect giant size x-men line up and it would have been crazy to leave any of these guys out. I did lament elsewhere that I wished there was a companion TRU wave that would have included Jean and updated classic Xavier and maybe first appearance Sprite and Rogue but maybe their day will come.

This might be the first wave where I order all of them straight off the bat. 

They all look amazing, Colossus doesn't seem too different to the original, but the others are all welcome update/new mates. Storm in particular looks perfect to me.

On 8/16/2016 at 6:22 PM, JPC said:

"...is an Apache with mutation-enhaced strength."

I always enjoy scanning DST packaging for typos. Can't blame THIS on the Chinese workers!

Sorry, just busting your mini mates. ;)

Lots of steps in between where a single letter can accidentally get cut, but I may have left it off and missed the auto-correct. I have certainly made worse mistakes, some factual. I write a lot of these, not just for Minimates, and I don't have a copy editor.

Edited by DSTZach

18 hours ago, JoeyCrypts said:

Any chance of tray shots as well?

Not in my hands yet, these are at the home office.

17 hours ago, Nessex said:

And - are those newly sculpted hands for Kurt?!?!

Yes!

16 hours ago, CortherX said:

this whole wave for me is a must, if mostly just so the full team can be displayed together. even Colossus is still a nice update, if not entirely different from the original. the muscle detail is nice. i'd like to get a fully bulked up Colossus some day, tho, with the bigger arms and legs to go with the chest piece. if outback Colossus'd had those extra pieces, i think he would have been real nice.

There were some big shoulders and legs on this guy...

fig1507f2lg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

Colossus was much leaner in his early days, tho still very muscular, so this version of him is on point and the muscle detail is nice, as the original lacked it. i agree that as a character, he isn't as big as Juggernaut or the Hulk, so i don't think we *need* a bulked up version like some other mates did/still do. i do think if we get another Colossus, it'd be nice for variation. Heinous's custom bulked up Colossus is a great example. he still looks appropriate for his character, especially a modern version, cuz he is pretty big guy now. if that Juggernaut Colossus didn't have the muscle misprint or shoulders for the Juggy helmet, he'd be about perfect.

Thanks for the confirmation about the hands Zach. 
This wave is looking like a total slam dunk! All the accessories look to be on point. We're getting multiple display options for Banshee. Much needed variations of classic characters. So much win.

Edited by Nessex

7 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

yeah, i am fine with Collosus' size, but I kinda wish he had a little more height. i will probably put the boots from the original Giant Size boxed set on this one to add a bit. 

Probably wouldn't hurt to have him taller. He's supposed to be like 6'6" outside of metal form and grow by a full foot in metal form. He shouldn't be as bulky as Hulk, or Juggs, but he's taller than Juggs when in his metal form.

What do you guys think if they had used that extra torso block for him? like the one groot uses, he'd have that extra height, without the bulk. I always felt thereshould be an extra set of arms and legs that are thicker than normal, for use with guys like him. It would be a nice in between from the skinny arms or bulked up slip-ons.