UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 68: Giant Size X-Men

CortherX

68.jpg

i don't know if i'm just not seeing it, but i couldn't find the original thread for this wave. estimated release is around August/September, right? do we have a more specific date on lock, yet? i'm pretty excited for these and wanna make sure i've got a pocket full of cash to throw at my lcs man when they're released.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

some people are never pleased, this is an awesome assortment. 

That's not true. I actually am usually very easy to please I just think having an umpteenth version of a character that is nearly the same is wasteful and I would have preferred something else. Also as a sidebar let me know if you need me to bring any mates back to SYD for you.

I'm okay with the assortment but has it really been so long since specialty has seen that Wolverine? If this was TRU I'd kinda understand but it seems comics shops would love a 60s Jean Grey, especially to go with Cyclops.

Maybe we'll get a Valentine's Day assortment of lovers some day:

Scott & Jean

Logan & Yukio

Peter & Mary Jane

Matt & Elektra

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

I'm still annoyed by the Cyclops, Wolvie, and Nightcrawler. Colossus is not as annoying but man I would have rather seen a 60's Jean and/or a redone Beast in either slot.

It's actually based on a comic book cover, and the team's lineup at that time. It's also a partial re-do of a set we made 12 years ago. Hence this specific line-up.

giantsize_cover.png?w=630&h=959&zc=1&s=0

17 hours ago, CortherX said:

i don't know if i'm just not seeing it, but i couldn't find the original thread for this wave. estimated release is around August/September, right? do we have a more specific date on lock, yet? i'm pretty excited for these and wanna make sure i've got a pocket full of cash to throw at my lcs man when they're released.

NO specific date until they're in our warehouse, but they are about a month away, maybe less.

MM68WolvSm.jpg

MM68StormSm.jpg

MM68CykeSm.jpg

MM68ColoSm.jpg

MM68BackSm.jpg

1 minute ago, bigvis497 said:

So is Banshee's cape a display either/or thing or is it supposed to be two pieces? I really like the way he looks in the package. These are awesome.

Either-or. I used them together at one point, because I thought it looked cool, but nobody else liked it, and it wasn't planned that way. Prototypes may have been slightly misshapen, as well.

28 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

It's actually based on a comic book cover, and the team's lineup at that time. It's also a partial re-do of a set we made 12 years ago. Hence this specific line-up.

Wow, that original set was released 12 years ago?!  Now I feel old!

Sunfire, Thunderbird and Banshee all look great.  I've already got multiple versions of the other ones so I'm not quite as excited about those ones.  I think the chrome look on the original Colossus has still been the best looking one so far.

Edited by MisterMiracle

15 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Does Wolverine come with clawless hands or is including them still a thing of the past? I noticed the TRU Deadpool series Wolvie didn't have such hands either.

Difficult to include for a few different reasons, but they'll still look to include them when possible.

From Ask DST #317:

MisterPL: There’s been a trend recently of not including regular hands with Wolverine Minimates. Only ones with popped claws have been included. Can you include those clawless hands again like you used to, please? Thanks! 

DSTChuck: I did not realize it was a “trend.” I can ask the dev team to look at that, I guess.

Chuck seemed unaware when I brought it up last May. I was picturing someone with a drawer full of little, blue, clawless Wolverine hands they've been secretly hoarding. Hope I didn't blow the whistle on somebody's choking hazard fetish.

Edited by MisterPL

45 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

giantsize_cover.png?w=630&h=959&zc=1&s=0

Which I get, own, and display in my house. LOL I remember driving to the mall to pick it up years ago. Wasn't it an exclusive? I'm excited for the additions of Banshee and Sunfire (that aren't on the cover) but still wish we had 60's Jean (she's on the cover) or an updated Beast.

32 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Either-or. I used them together at one point, because I thought it looked cool, but nobody else liked it, and it wasn't planned that way. Prototypes may have been slightly misshapen, as well.

I'm planning on using them both! Love the additional capes and can't wait to use them in displays.

2 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

From Ask DST #317:

MisterPL: There’s been a trend recently of not including regular hands with Wolverine Minimates. Only ones with popped claws have been included. Can you include those clawless hands again like you used to, please? Thanks! 

DSTChuck: I did not realize it was a “trend.” I can ask the dev team to look at that, I guess.

Chuck seemed unaware when I brought it up last May. I was picturing someone with a drawer full of little, blue, clawless Wolverine hands they've been secretly hoarding. Hope I didn't blow the whistle on somebody's choking hazard fetish.

Chuck is not the product manager for MInimates, or the designer, or the liaison with the factory. He does a lot, but he does delegate some stuff. It has to do with licensor approvals, tooling space vs. number of old tools used, number of paint applications vs. placement of tampos on a round surface... the issue was raised too late for a workaround to be considered for 68, but the future is unwritten.

...I DO have a drawer full of tigers, though.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'm okay with the assortment but has it really been so long since specialty has seen that Wolverine? If this was TRU I'd kinda understand but it seems comics shops would love a 60s Jean Grey, especially to go with Cyclops.

Maybe we'll get a Valentine's Day assortment of lovers some day:

Scott & Jean

Logan & Yukio

Peter & Mary Jane

Matt & Elektra

I remember when ToyBiz did this for TRU. The Famous Couples assortments.

This wave looks great! Thanks for sharing the packaged pics Zach. All worthy updates. I think Thunderbird's my favorite, but I like the little touches all around, like Nightcrawler's sword and the posing options for Banshee & Storm.