UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Pack-In Posters

RedTiger95

Does anyone else think the little poster that comes with the figures needs an update? I mean every wave should have a unique poster, like the Deadpool wave could have had him posing as all the heroes. Or the Captain America Civil War wave could have had a minimate version of the movie poster. It's not a big deal, but that poster is getting stale. Just my thoughts.

I was thinking the same thing as I was throwing so many away. Those are some pretty classic incarnations. As dated as it seems, it's pretty timeless.

Looking at the illustration, which Marvel characters would you include on a new one? Given that there are so many movie waves, should it focus on film versions for the mass market and have another one with comic-based characters for specialty? Or maybe a "split-screen" with comic characters on the left and movie versions on the right.

5 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

it could be that so many of the poster where printed and when they run out a new one will be done.

I don't think it's that, since they do update it with new products, even though the poster and the little little comic have been the same for years now.

I'd like to see them use one of the Marvel variant covers they whipped up, and Zach should probably subcontract Mini Myte to do a new strip (no offense to Zach).

We just updated the poster recently. Classic poster is retired. I thought it had made it out, but maybe not just yet. It willshow up on some packaging, too.

And I want to do a new comic strip, maybe I'll see about contracting it out. Our designers did the last one from my script, and I wish I'd been more involved.

Stack32, we do not take money away from extra hands or paint apps to create the art or print the posters. Designer and artist Barry Bradfield is on staff, and he created the packaging artwork for Daredevil and for Jessica Jones -- I also used both for postcards at SDCC.

And marketing material is pretty important for customers who have not been buying the product for a long time. The poster is part of a cross-sell that shows other items and a customer response card. Obviously, some collectors will take them in a Ziploc bag if it will save them money, but we'll always need to have art on (and in) packages.

I want to see a return to the full roster shot of every Marvel Minimate to date. Like the first 20 waves or so did. I think that would be awesome for the 75th or definitely for wave 100!

I think they were originally; maybe a quarter inch high each with overlap. Just take the entire side of the sheet! :D