UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates and Legends in NYC

Legends? Well, it used to be TRU Times Square, but that's closed.  You can find Minimates at both Jim Hanley's Universe and Midtown Comics, though.  I think Forbidden Planet carries them also.  If you can only hit one, I'd go with JHU, but that's me.

What brings you to NYC?

4 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Legends? Well, it used to be TRU Times Square, but that's closed.  You can find Minimates at both Jim Hanley's Universe and Midtown Comics, though.  I think Forbidden Planet carries them also.  If you can only hit one, I'd go with JHU, but that's me.

What brings you to NYC?

Going on a final summer trip to the Statue. We'll be there for a couple days. ;P

13 hours ago, hellpop said:

What brings you to NYC?

There's a forbidden planet in NYC? All I can see is that they're only in the UK.

Yep it's around Union Square, right near (basically next to) the Strand bookstore which is a fun place to kill time.

Max Brenners is also across the road and it has amazing food, and even better desserts (chocolate pizza!) I recommend it to everyone traveling to NYC.

There are two Midtowns, one by Times Square, one by Grand Central. Both should have Minimates.

Forbidden Planet by Union Square had some the last time I was there, in February, but I do not remember them having a LOT. Great store, though.

St. Mark's Comics on St. Mark's Place is small but dense -- they USED to have Minimates (check out the counter front below!), not sure if they still do. And if you're there, you might as well hit Toy Tokyo around the corner. Awesome store, a mix of new stuff, vintage and imports.

tumblr_nil5945RoV1sxiuilo4_1280.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

I tried to take pics of Spidey and Green Goblin on the Brooklyn Bridge. I had poor lighting and it didn't work that well.

Or X-Men movie Minimates would work, too, i suppose. Or just Captain America. I just want to go to the Statue of Liberty. Being based in New York, I should have been by now! One of those things.

Please note that the Ghostbusters firehouse MAY still be completely covered with construction material, which it was the last time I went there a few months ago. But if it is not, it's fun to look at, if you like Ghostbusters. I recently found out where the GB2 museum is, need to bring my GB2 Minimates there.