UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have gladly sacrificed two of the released Lokis to get Hogun and Fandrall finally. Seriously, what do these two have to do in a movie to get noticed? Now it seems like that opportunity is gone with the next phase of Marvel movies coming after Infinity War.

At this point I just want a Build-a-Figure wave of the remaining classic 616 Thor characters needed...Thor is hot right now, DST time to strike!

- Thor (with alternate parts to make Frog Thor)

- Fandral

- Hogun

- Volstagg

- Executioner

- Hela

- Ulik

- Heimdall

- Bulked Up Destroyer (Build a Figure)

Edited by youbastards

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I'm curious about what a definitive Thor would be for you.  The Stormbreaker version, Greatest Hits version, TRU 12/First Appearance version, and the Wave 44 beardless version all strike me as great, definitive classic versions. 

Don't get me wrong, all of those are decent options, but (IMO) they all either fall short in some way or are based on too specific a design. All of the elements of a "perfect" Thor are there, they just need to be put together.

Ok, well I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the biggest comic thor fans on here and as such it's always bugged me that, in my opinion, there is no definitive classic thor.  My reason is fairly simple.  He needs to have 6 circles on his costume, 4 above and 2 below his belt.  That immediately means that only the TRU 12 version has a chance, and he is very good as he also has the most classic looking hair.  However, his helmet wings are not white and he just looks a bit spindly to me.  Thus a bulkier chest is needed, similar to wave 16 thor's size and also, although it is true to the first appearance that TRU 12 thor is based on, the little lock of hair sticking out of the bottom of his helmet is not representative of his typical definitive look for me.

So yes, a very good thor can be made by mixing and matching but I still can't make all the parts come together quite enough to make the perfect thor.  Admittedly I'm probably pretty fussy but I live in hope that we will get one one day but I get the impression that DST think they have already achieved it so I'm not as confident as I once was.

19 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'm curious about what a definitive Thor would be for you.  The Stormbreaker version, Greatest Hits version, TRU 12/First Appearance version, and the Wave 44 beardless version all strike me as great, definitive classic versions. 

17 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Don't get me wrong, all of those are decent options, but (IMO) they all either fall short in some way or are based on too specific a design. All of the elements of a "perfect" Thor are there, they just need to be put together.

I would also agree that we haven't gotten that definitive Classic Thor yet either.  I have tried piecing one together based off of what's already out there and it's close...I just think we still need a perfect one.  Same with Classic Punisher!

17 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

I totally agree that Hulk is 'beefier' than Thor but surely you'd agree that Thor's biceps in that picture prove the point  I was making ? His arms are as big as his legs !:D

Now I'm going to make a point of putting Blob's shoulders onto a Thor and see how it looks. I'm hoping it works.

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

So this the Thor we're looking for?

5457431-3236050523-RMK23.jpg

fig1267flg.jpgfig1400flg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

So close!

Yep, that's the thor I'm looking for exactly!  As you say, we're so close but not quite there!  I also hear the debate on the biceps and I agree, although then a range of other characters could need those two, such as Hercules...

• 2 months later...