UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

No accessories...? I guess because of all the bulked up characters. That's a blow to my will to buy these. I buy so many multiples just for accessories sometimes. I don't even want the hulk or any bulked up characters I just want stuff likeThor and his swords, an army of Valkyries, and Executioner with weapons. And Hela of course. I hope Valkyrie comes with accessories and a non-hulk boxmate :/ otherwise I may only get one or two. And I hope we get the actual warrior looking outfit and not that god awful sci-fi silver dress. Then again I guess that'd keep me from wanting to buy multiples if it's that costume for the mate and she's packed with hulk so I guess there are advantages. 

SDCC-2017-DST-Marvel-025.jpg

This is Valkyrie, and she's only packed with Hulk.

No accessories for Skurge is a shame, but on the purely selfish side, it makes me feel better about that pack not being available near me.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: No Accessories?? Ah maaan. Okay, well... thanks for checking Zach.

:gah:

Thanks @BuffaloDelorean :/ damn now I wish she did have the ugly silver dress cause I don't like buying hulk figs. Oh well at least they come with accessoriess...  I really don't understand the reasoning to include nothing in a set. Even just one axe would make me say "yeah I'll just buy 2 to get 2 axes". I've said it before and I'll keep saying it... accessories make or break a pack for me.

You This is worse than that Hawkeye Crossbones pack because at least I wasn't even tempted to get them.

This wave is already meh. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

On 7/20/2017 at 9:24 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

We can only make what we have reference for. I haven't seen Skurge holding anything besides machine guns, and there may have been restrictions about us including them. Even if we had reference for an access, there may have been tooling considerations. Every outfit has new parts 

There are other double-bladed axes -- Gruntos, Ares, the gold crocodile. Not particularly easy to acquire, most of them, but they exist.

Edited by DSTZach

1 minute ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

If you can find the pack and would be willing to ship Hulk to Canada, I have a couple of MCU army builders I'd be interested in trading for him.

Hey sounds like a win win! I've been expanding my Walgreens searches to a wider area so hopefully I'll be able to find him for ya. Assuming that's where the pack will be. 

7 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

There are other double-bladed axes -- Gruntos, Ares, the gold crocodile. Not particularly easy to acquire, most of them, but they exist.

I understand the issues but I don't want to go out of my way for an accessory I feel someone should already have. If it was just guns I wouldn't care nearly as much (still probably would a bit) but I'd go buy a gun heavy pack. Oh well saves me money from buying multiples. 

No, I get it, @DSTZach, if this was a purely comics release, I'm sure it would have been included. As it stands, since its for the movie, there are all kinds of things in play that could mean the axe wasn't included. Disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

Volstagg's will do for now. 

For what it's worth, artwork depicting Skurge holding an axe was available back in March. That's probably not enough time to concept the piece, get it approved, and into production in time for this release. Which sucks, especially for a guy described as a "soldier with an obsession for armaments" who "must use his amazing armory" to save the universe.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, Mirymate said:

BTW thanks for checking, but what did you find? Big Ol' Nasty looking Executioner's Axe worthy of service to the scions of the nine realms? Guess hoping for that and his old school helmet if probably pushing it.

any pics of the old school helmet?

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

So what are all the lineups at each retailer? 

Like what's the Walgreens assortment? 

LCS? 

TRU?

On 7/20/2017 at 10:54 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

LCS:

Gladiator Thor

Hela

Green Loki

Bruce Banner

TRU:

Gladiator Thor & Hela

Gladiator Hulk & Valkyrie

Blue-ish Loki & Heimdall

Walgreens:

Gladiator Thor & Hela

Gladiator Hulk & Valkyrie

Classic Thor & civilian Loki

Skurge & Grandmaster

Because this is actually the Loki movie they had talked about making shortly after the first Thor movie came out? Loki is the real star in this one.

I don't know, but from the trailers...

It looks like Thor may become evil/possessed by Hela and Loki probably will need to save the day. Loki is also present at the Gladiator fight and may be how Thor and Hulk manage to both get away alive.