UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I'm clear... Thor is getting two different retail waves, TRU and the Mystery Chain, so MM76 is not a Thor movie wave. Right?

Right, 

LCS gets the box set with the exclusive Banner and Loki (see Zach's post in the SDCC thread).

Gladiator Thor and Hela will be at all markets.

TRU (three 2-packs) and the mystery retailer (probably Target) (four 2-packs), will share two more figures, most likely Gladiator Hulk and Alt Thor.

That leaves Skurg, Grandmaster, Valkyrie and (probably) Heimdall, along with 2 more variants (I think an alternate Loki and Hela) as exclusives at TRU and the mystery retailer.

Could the wolf be Fenris? That would make sense with the ragnarok theme.

Those mystery minis are neat, Executioners expression is priceless. Anyone know how big those things are? I'm curious if Surtur could be used in a minimate display as a larger fig. Same with that wolf. I'm currently using the wolf from DC Directs Enemy Ace set as my Fenris stand in.

Also, can't wait to see that minimates Executioner and hope he can fit in style wise with a 616 display.

There are a few characters in that Funko post that I don't think have been mentioned as possibilities in this thread yet. 
I'm not even sure who all of them are...

Who's the bladed spider dude? Is the Easter Island looking chap meant to be a kronan? Is the red dude next to Sutur a celestial? Because...

Spoiler

wasn't Ego a celestial in GotGv2? And he looked like a giant planet... or Kurt Russell?

Of course Surtur's in the movie... it's called Ragnarok... and Surtur crossing the Bifrost to lay waste to Asgard is one of the few elements of Norse myth the Stan and Jack didn't bend into a pretzel knot in Marvel's version of the Asgardian legend. And Fenris has to be there too.

That red/silver/black thing looks like a Celestial. How that'll figure in, I don't know.

What makes me happy is the if that's movie Skurge's basic design, then he'll make a fine addition to the 616 minimates... assuming he gets made. Going to be more than kinda upset if he joins Fandral, and Hogun in the legion of the unmade... but we get Bruce Banner... again... (Just sayin' I know he got left out on Avengers, you made up for it Avengers 2, and there's actual Asgardians that we may miss out on giving him a second slot)

7 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I thought that was one of his crew from Planet Hulk... the guy that used the old magic. Hrmon or something?

Celestial would make sense too though, especially if it's the end of the gods. I dunno.

I don't recall Hiroim wearing anything like that in the comics.

Surtur is known to be large so it is fucking awesome that his POP figure only slightly resembles their typical design. He will definitely be used for mates for me! Gotta get that mystery mini Fenris too! Love cross line stuff that can work together.

I'm not trying to single anyone out in this thread, but something that I've noticed a lot everywhere (not just here) in regards to

Ego being a Celestial...

We saw two in the first Guardians. Eson "mowing down entire civilizations like wheat in a field", and whomever's head became Knowhere.

Then for some reason, it's revealed Ego's one, and suddenly everyone thinks there's only ever been one. They forget about Eson, and we start getting lame theories about "since Ego is a brain, then his skull has to be Knowhere!" (Except for the fact that the miners on Knowhere are harvesting brain material for sale, so...)

From what I have always assumed, based on the information given to us in the MCU, is that it's a race, and there are a ton of them, as with anything that can be classified as a "race" (though maybe they're an endangered species, so not a ton anymore). 

Seeing one in Ragnarok toys doesn't surprise or confuse me in the slightest.

My initial thought when I saw the spider-warrior is maybe it's "No-Name" because they can't use the Brood, because maybe it falls under Fox's X-Men license? :confused:

Like how the Sakaarans in Guardians were actually the Badoon, but I think the Badoon are part of Fox's Fantastic 4 license?

Well Ten...

Spoiler

In the MU, no one knows what a celestial looks like without their armor. It could be the same thing here. Ego could be an orphaned celestial in the MCU that without the guidance of the others developed into a planet and not an armored giant.

Just sayin'.

I could have sworn I remembered reading at some point that they couldn't even use Celestials in the MCU because of their ties to Apocalypse putting them under Fox's X-Men license. But if Ego is clearly one in Guardians 2, that memory is probably wrong. Then again they couldn't use Ego in the first place either, they only got the ability to use him in trade for letting Fox modify Negasonic Teenage Warhead and give her Cannonball's powers. So maybe they picked up Celestials in that deal along with Ego? Then again, maybe I've got the whole thing backwards and it was perhaps Fox who couldn't use Celestials in X-Men Apocalypse because the MCU held the rights to them? That seems plausible too.

Point is, movie rights are confusing, and I still hate them.

Some characters are shared between Fox and Marvel (Quicksilver and Wanda, for example). The Celestials might fall into that category, hence the confusion.

What I find interesting is the timeline regarding the Fox/Marvel television deal and certain elements of Guardians 2 and possibly Spider-Man: Homecoming. ;)

I doubt the Celestials were part of the X-Men license. Fantastic Four on the other hand... that's possible. But it's really fuzzy, the Kree first appeared in Fantastic Four, yet they are in the MCU. Skrulls are Fox. So are the Badoon for some odd reason. How the Inhumans were not part of the FF deal also baffles. So whether we're dealing with a Celestial Homage or an actual 1000 ft giant, we'll probably have to wait till November.