fwoosheyman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, DSTZach said:

Still no Fandral or Hogun.

:sarcasm-1:                                          :batter:

Hasbro is making 2 variations of Gladiator Thor (with helmet and without), Gladiator Hulk (BAF), Loki, Hela, and Valkyrie. Not that DST's choices would be influenced by Hasbro, but if they thought Valkyrie was important enough to merit a figure you'd think she would be a lock for a minimate.

13 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Hasbro is making 2 variations of Gladiator Thor (with helmet and without), Gladiator Hulk (BAF), Loki, Hela, and Valkyrie. Not that DST's choices would be influenced by Hasbro, but if they thought Valkyrie was important enough to merit a figure you'd think she would be a lock for a minimate.

I'm sure she will be, along with the already confirmed Grandmaster and Skurge.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:47 PM, DSTZach said:

Two assortments, one box set. Some sharing.

12 different figures.

8 different characters.

Box set - Gladiator Thor, Bruce Banner, Hela, Loki

That leaves 4 characters and 8 figures left.

Grandmaster and Skurge are confirmed - so 2 characters and 6 figures left.

Valkyrie has got to fit in there somewhere - so 1 character and 5 figures left.

Gladiator Hulk is a DUH! figure - so 1 character and 4 figures left.

Odin is a possibility - 0 characters and 3 figures left.

Thor pre-gladiator? - 0 characters and 2 figures left

Civilian Loki? - 0 characters and 1 figure left

Civilian Thor? - 0 characters and 0 figures left

I'd like to leave room to swap in Heimdal for either Valkyrie or Odin but just because I love Idris Elba. I don't think we'll get him even though his new look is pretty sweet. Thor, Hulk are sure bets to be shared, possibly with Valkyrie or Hela and Skurge. Assuming 3 2-packs at each retailer I come up with this mix.

Thor pre-gladiator / Gladiator Hulk (shared)

Valkyrie/Hela / Skurge (shared)

Grandmaster / Civilian Thor

Civilian Loki / Odin

But if there are 4 2-packs per retailer then I got nuthin'. I can't make the mix work without a LOT of sharing. And if the box set figures are exclusive to LCS that makes it even harder. Hopefully we'll see something soon so all this speculation can end and we can start full tilt into "UGH not THAT retailer! Its going to be IMPOSSIBLE to get all the figures!" mode.

Each retailer will have three two packs, and two figures from the box set will be shared between all three locations.

My guesses:

Character #5: Grandmaster (confirmed)

Character #6: Skurge (confirmed)

Character #7: Valkyrie

Character #8: Odin

Variant #1: standard Thor

Variant #2: Gladiator Hulk

Variant #3: alternate Hela

Variant #4: homeless/civilian Odin

Miry, welcome back, but I was NOT being sarcastic. Here is Trev's post before mine. Legit question. Answered.

On 5/9/2017 at 10:30 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Of the box set? Of the TRU wave? Fandral and Hogun? Comic versions instead?

On 5/9/2017 at 11:41 PM, DSTZach said:

The box set AND both assortments. But the box set is the only lineup that leaked, so I meant that one. Like I said, we were still hashing some stuff out, which is why it got pulled. I still haven't heard where that image came from.

Still movie. Still no Fandral or Hogun.

So maybe put the bat away.

There will be four two-packs at one retailer, and three at another. Two will be shared at both locations. So one will have two exclusive sets and the other will have one.

Valkyrie is happening. Odin is not.

Edited by DSTZach

8 hours ago, Zylek said:

I'm thinking Heimdall for the last character, he was featured in the trailer.

Yeah I'd definitely say Heimdall, hes getting a funko pop and is the last main character that we've seen, the only other character I could think of is the director of the movie is playing a character, I forget who but I think its one of the kronans

So Heimdall get two minimates overall, Frandral and Hogun get none, and we're potentially getting two different Surturs this year?

What an odd, odd time.

And thanks, Zach.

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Miry, welcome back, but I was NOT being sarcastic. Here is Trev's post before mine. Legit question. Answered.

So maybe put the bat away.

There will be four two-packs at one retailer, and three at another. Two will be shared at both locations. So one will have two exclusive sets and the other will have one.

Valkyrie is happening. Odin is not.

Aw poor Odin. He gets left out of this run and the last movie's too. Now the only Odin is the one whose head won't stay on consistently. 

Too bad we're probably going to get Valkyrie's Grandmaster outfit (which I'm sure she's in 99% of the time), and not her flashback look (which I'm sure only lasts for less than a minute onscreen). I'd troop build the crap out of Valkyries were that the case, swapping in heads/painting hair.

26 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Too bad we're probably going to get Valkyrie's Grandmaster outfit (which I'm sure she's in 99% of the time), and not her flashback look (which I'm sure only lasts for less than a minute onscreen). I'd troop build the crap out of Valkyries were that the case, swapping in heads/painting hair.

Her Valkyrie look could be one of the variants, especially if we aren't getting Odin.

30 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Dude yes. 

I'm calling it now, the second, four 2-pack assortment is going to Target. I was just at my local Super Target and the selection of merchandise for the collectors is huge and includes a shelf of DST high end product. They had TWD mates a while back and Marvel even further back. And at C2E2, Chuck said the second retailer was one they were returning to, not currently in?

47 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I'm calling it now, the second, four 2-pack assortment is going to Target. I was just at my local Super Target and the selection of merchandise for the collectors is huge and includes a shelf of DST high end product. They had TWD mates a while back and Marvel even further back. And at C2E2, Chuck said the second retailer was one they were returning to, not currently in?

He did? Hmm.