UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The box set AND both assortments. But the box set is the only lineup that leaked, so I meant that one. Like I said, we were still hashing some stuff out, which is why it got pulled. I still haven't heard where that image came from.

Still movie. Still no Fandral or Hogun.

Edited by DSTZach

Zach, sorry if the pic has caused any problems, I got the image from a pdf version of the Marvel Previews and thought it was the latest official Previews. I actually haven't seen the print version yet. I will take down the pic since it is now just rampant speculation.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not rampant, just premature. It's possible a PDF version got out to customers with that in it. It was a last-minute cut, and things have changed.

Is the box set still gonna contain figures seen in the assortment or is that redundancy eliminated?

Yes, it will. The overlap was not the problem, getting approval to make all of the character and costumes we wanted was the problem. Some characters are getting new alt looks, some alt looks have been dropped.

Edited by DSTZach

2 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Do these changes set back production at all or are you still in the approval stage?

Still in approval, but yes, it has delayed things slightly. I think we're still on track for an on-time release, though. Boyd is finishing paint! But they will not be in the next Previews, and I need to double-check on embargos.

• 1 month later...

ragnarok.png

MARVEL THOR RAGNAROK MINIMATES BOX SET
JUL172801

A Diamond Select Toys release! Get ready for Ragnarok! The third Thor movie, Thor: Ragnarok, will hit theaters this fall, and DST is celebrating with a new box set of Marvel Minimates based on the film! This 4-pack includes four all-new mini-figures, including Gladiator Thor, villainess Hela, Asgardian Loki and Bruce Banner! Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features approximately 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts and accessories. Packaged in a full-color window box.
In Shops: Dec 27, 2017

SRP: $24.99

Hmmmm. So who else will we see for the movie as exclusives?

We have 4 more characters and 8 more figures.

I am thinking this Thor and Loki? Will be shared across all three releases. Unless that has changed since we are getting Bruce here and not Gladiator Hulk.

Alternate Thor

Non-villainess Hela?

Gladiator Hulk (hopefully still happening as the Select seems to be)

Grandmaster

Valkyrie

Alternate Loki?

Carl Urban?

???

Can TRU and Walmart/Target/other retailer that hasn't carried Minimates in a while support three 2-packs with multiple Loki/Hela/Thor?

16 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

I can't remember, are some of these box set figures going to also be in the regular wave? 

Two of them are, although that might have changed, since the lineup did. If there are still two shared between all releases, I'm guessing Thor and Hela, although Loki is definitely possible too.

Holy schnikeys! Enchantress, Hela and hopefully Skurge in the upcoming wave. I love all of this Thor love! 

Hela looks great. Close enough, for me, to display with their comic book brethren. 

I'm digging that gladiator Thor, too. And the new Loki headpiece. 

Bravo