UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thor news. From Chuck.

Line plan isn't set yet, and he seemed surprised that Fandral and Hogun were of interest. He said he would talk about them with Zach, as they haven't yet received final art for a few characters. 

Box set at specialty, because movie sales of 2-packs have been sluggish. Other assortments will be at 'not new' retailers. And they haven't talked to Sears/Kmart in 2 years. 

Panel starts in 10 minutes. I will post more if we know more.

I wouldn't be surprised if some 2-packs from AoU and Civil War lingered at specialty. You have competition from the sets shared with TRU and a number of uninspired exclusives: Hydra Soldier, Phasing Vision, Battle Damaged War Machine, Guard, and Mercenary. In other words, not a lot to drive an average buyer to an LCS. It seems like that could be solved by not padding the lineup with boring army builders and redundant figures but maybe there's a reason why a boxset seems like a better idea.

4 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Sales were sluggish for Thor movies, or MCU in general? The Marvel movie waves move faster than the comic stuff at my LCS.

I don't know about LCS's but the movie waves don't sell worth a damn at the two TRUs near me. There are still unsold Civil War minimates and NOBODY bought any of the Dr Strange ones. The Guardians sets haven't moved at all either. 

Edited by suicidewatch

8 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Thor news. From Chuck.

Line plan isn't set yet, and he seemed surprised that Fandral and Hogun were of interest. He said he would talk about them with Zach, as they haven't yet received final art for a few characters. 

Box set at specialty, because movie sales of 2-packs have been sluggish. Other assortments will be at 'not new' retailers. And they haven't talked to Sears/Kmart in 2 years. 

Panel starts in 10 minutes. I will post more if we know more.

So... TRU and likely Disney store. They've carried some stuff before. 

Box sets are easier to order than case assortments, for most independent comic retailers and easier to sell for most online retailers. For larger chains that want impulse-purchase inventory on hand, two- packs are fine.

I asked about Fandral and Hogun long before there was a trailer, but didn't follow up when they were not in the line plan, as it was actually pretty full and I assumed they were not in the movie much. I'll ask again.

Edited by DSTZach

Here's who's featured in the guide:

Thor

Hulk

Hela

Valkyrie

Grandmaster

Skurge

Loki

Heimdall

Keep in mind that these guides are largely apparel-driven and represent what the licensor is pushing in general. It's not impossible that other characters like Odin could show up at retail if demand warranted it but a set featuring two of the Warriors Three seems unlikely.

At this point, if I were in charge at DST, I'd be looking for a way to offer all three at once for veterans and newbies alike, perhaps in a 4-pack with an anchor character variant. I can only think of one online retailer who might be interested in offering such a SKU.

4 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Here's who's featured in the guide:

Thor

Hulk

Hela

Valkyrie

Grandmaster

Skurge

Loki

Heimdall

On 4/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, DSTZach said:

Two assortments, one box set. Some sharing.

12 different figures.

8 different characters.

Great trailer. Perfect song.

Edited by youbastards

At this point, unless DST did a big boxset of the Warriors of Asgard, I'd rather just get a comic version Warriors Three anyway.  in the six! years since their release, MCU Sif and Volstagg probably wouldn't mesh well with 2017 versions of the other characters.  

Edited by youbastards

Offical pics of 2 Lego sets have come out and are up over at Marvelousnews.

Hela looks pretty good from what i can see. I think if DST can get one out using the same styling (black and green with big headpiece) she'll make a pretty decent 616 stand in.