UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

I would rather see Valkyrie to yet another Loki, myself. I would love Grandmaster, but it would make me miss The Collector almost as much as I miss the Warriors two.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is room for a whole bunch of character duplicates here.
Every Wolverine wave has had 3 or 4 different looks for him. There's no reason to think we won't get Flashback/start of movie thor with long hair and hammer, Gladiator Thor with short hair and swords & battle damaged Thor. The same could go for Hulk. They could include Regular, Gladiator and Bruce. There's 6 figures right there, and we've only used up 2 characters. And really - Hulk and Thor are the headliners for most people watching the film. It makes business sense to have multiples of those characters.

Maybe we are only getting 3 packs in the LCS wave, ala Nightmare Before Christmas wave 4?

Gladiator Thor / Hela (shared with TRU)

Gladiator Hulk / Loki (shared with TRU)

Odin (Loki) / Thor 

TRU Exclusive pack:

Skurge / Valkyrie

Boxset

- NYC Thor

- NYC Loki

- Hobo Odin

- Dr. Strange

On 4/11/2017 at 7:55 AM, Polarboy said:

Is Natalie Portman meant to be in this one?

Nope, she's done with the MCU.

Edited to say I'm REALLY hoping for a Thor and Darryl con exclusive this summer (with a little bed for Mjolnir).

Edited by hellpop

Well, if he shows up in the movie assortment you can pretty much guarantee a comic version isn't coming.

I find it interesting that DST doesn't do similarly-themed movie and comic assortments close together. And, yes, I'm aware that they've said some of that is at Marvel's direction, it just stands out since Hasbro does exactly the opposite. Personally, I think Hasbro's method is closer to how collectors actually think ("Hey, there's a Thor movie, I'd like some Thor figures.") but maybe it doesn't actually work that way.

On 4/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, stack32 said:

If we get Skurge he needs to come with these accessories:

Skurge_zpsygats0fb.jpg

It's weird he is packing earth based firearms.

I'd say Thor, Hulk, Loki, Hela, Grand Master and Valkyrie are locks for 6 character slots.  Skurge is probably likely given he is visually interesting and a new character.  For the 4 alt versions, 2 or even 3 will be Thor and I'd guess Hela and/or Valkyrie could also be there but we'll see more in future trailers.

I really don't care who the other figures are, If we don't get Fandrall & Hogun in this wave, there will be no end to the depths that my saltiness reaches.

Cancelling them in the first movie wave sucked, but it was what it was.
Announcing the mistake would be rectified in the second movie wave, only to then cancel them again, was one of my most un-fond memories in 10+ years collecting this line.

I can't even put into words what an unhappy collector I'll be if they get slighted again.

It's being 2/3 of a trio that makes them such a sore spot... it's not like an Iron Man 2 situation, where we didn't get final battle Whiplash... but we still got most of the characters (including early movie Whiplash) so it was easy to move on. Having 1 of 3 Warriors 3, after being teased with them twice no less... just sticks in my craw SO BAD.