UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: Ragnarok

fwoosheyman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimate likenesses are so hit and miss I wouldn't care too much if they didn't update it but I suspect they probably would if they try to make a figure. I'm more concerned that with the dramatic decline of new parts in movie waves (or at least the major movies) there's no chance for these two; they have almost as much new tooling as all the Civil War product put together.

I would have to think having both Hulk and Thor, along with Loki, would make a wave more attractive and the schedule should be a little less overloaded since the film before it is GotG Vol. 2.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/thors-got-no-hammer-and-short-hair-in-the-first-image-f-1793085493

http://io9.gizmodo.com/jeff-goldblum-looks-just-as-weird-as-you-hoped-in-more-1793092847

Well this wave should be much more colorful and eye catching then past Thor movie waves. If Hela has her headdress (probably only for a short time, if at all) movie Hela minimate would make for an acceptable comic Hela minimate stand in.

I can't say I'm liking this version of Thor, which is too bad, since I don't have any of the previous MCU versions. No discs at all on Valkyrie is pretty disappointing, but Loki looks nice, and Hela looks fantastic. Grandmaster looks alright too, but I'm more interested in him as a potential Jeff Goldblum minimate.

I'd guess we'll get all five of these characters as minimates, and I'm pretty sure there'll be a TRU exclusive, so that leaves five more slots. Hulk, Odin, Skurge, Doctor Strange, and... someone?

Kind of GotG vol. 2 inspired:

LCS:

Gladiator Thor & Hela

Hulk & Valkyrie

Classic Thor & Skurge

Odin & Grandmaster

TRU:

Doctor Strange & Loki

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Need. Hogun. And. Fandral.

I would prefer them over Grandmaster, especially since we do not have the Collector.

Would Surtur be worth it as a Minimate? Vinimate, yes!

There was a whole like ten minute video of him walking around this set (the director, not hemsworth) I'm thinking this is at the beginning of the movie and he gets captured as a slave and has his head shaved on battle world or whatever they are gonna call it. They show concept art of Thor and hulk battling and Thor is wearing a helmet and appears not to have long hair 

20170309_191808_zpsn8plkpzu.png

On 3/9/2017 at 5:23 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I can't say I'm liking this version of Thor, which is too bad, since I don't have any of the previous MCU versions. No discs at all on Valkyrie is pretty disappointing, but Loki looks nice, and Hela looks fantastic. Grandmaster looks alright too, but I'm more interested in him as a potential Jeff Goldblum minimate.

I'd guess we'll get all five of these characters as minimates, and I'm pretty sure there'll be a TRU exclusive, so that leaves five more slots. Hulk, Odin, Skurge, Doctor Strange, and... someone?

Kind of GotG vol. 2 inspired:

LCS:

Thor & Hela

Hulk & Valkyrie

Odin & Grandmaster

Skurge & ?

TRU:

Doctor Strange & Loki

Your lineup seems pretty likely. Although I would think there will be 2 versions of Thor (short haired Gladiator and long haired classic look) 

i would hope we get something other than Dr Strange again since his costume doesn't appear to be any different from what we just got (other than him having gloves in the stinger scene). Maybe some kind of henchmen or army building character. Other likely candidates would be Bruce Banner, Sif, Heimdall, or it might be whoever Sam Neil's mystery character is. 

Edited by suicidewatch

5 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

Your lineup seems pretty likely. Although I would think there will be 2 versions of Thor (short haired Gladiator and long haired classic look) 

i would hope we get something other than Dr Strange again since his costume doesn't appear to be any different from what we just got (other than him having gloves in the stinger scene). Maybe some kind of henchmen or army building character. Other likely candidates would be Bruce Banner, Sif, Heimdall, or it might be whoever Sam Neil's mystery character is. 

Yeah, when I made this list I hadn't realised Thor would have two looks. The gladiator look seems to be the one they're pushing, so I'd put the classic with Skurge    in the LCS wave. And I wasn't certain about Strange either, I mostly added him because someone (Kostisfire?) said he would have a pretty major role.

Not sure what the go is Hela.... the front cover makes it look like her costume has green highlights (Awesome!), but the still image makes it look like it's allblack with black detailing (less awesome).

I'm hoping it turns out to be the green version. Black on black might work on film, but it doesn't make for great looking toys.

They're not minimates, but it could give us an idea of what we'll see:

https://imgur.com/a/YVcR8#baMoKtX

Of particular interest to me are Hela and Banner.

If this figure is accurate, Hela will have green markings, and her headpiece, which is promising.

On the other hand, I really hope DST doesn't waste a slot on Banner in a movie with so many interesting designs, especially since we just got one for AoU.

• 3 weeks later...