UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Turns 10 - August Giveaway

pk13

And we are back with another giveaway for another month! This month is a really cool prize, as it's finally time for the excellent Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters gate diorama that was created specially for this promotion by the very talented Kris Lyons! In addition to the dio, the winner will also receive a loose set of the Giant Size X-Men #1 box set as well. Here's the goods:

KL%20X%201_zpsbn6mss0v.jpg

KL%20X%202_zpsvr3eu8jp.jpg

And now to the rules for this month: This will be more of a contest than a giveaway. If you would like to win, you need to submit either a photo of X-related Minimates, (can be a panel recreation, an original setup, or anything else you choose), OR you need to submit X-related Minimates art to this thread. After the deadline, we will have a vote, open to all MMMV'ers, and the winner will receive the dio and the figures. The contest is open to all members of the Minimate Multiverse. Please note: While international members are welcome to participate, they are responsible for the cost of international shipping if they win.

All work needs to be new and created for this contest and be posted in this thread before the deadline, August 29 at midnight EDT. After the deadline has passed we will have a week of voting. The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting. Each submitted ballot must list in order the top three entries, (1st, 2nd, and 3rd).

Anyone can vote, even the participants. If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry. The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results. Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts. Tie-breakers will be decided by the number of 1st place votes, and then by a panel of Mods if there is a further tie. During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me, with the subject line of AUGUST VOTING.

Good luck to all and I hope we get some great entries!

Edited by pk13

Here's my submission! I knew I wanted to recreate one of the X-Men's crossovers, but it was a tossup between this and the X-Men/Star Trek crossover. Here I've recreated the PS1 boxart to X-Men VS Street Fighter. The I've also provided a version scaled to PS1 game cases, so you can replace the original game's cover if anybody wants to. It's got X-Men in it, it should be close enough for this?

X-men vs street fighter.png

Original for reference:

628-1.jpg

PS1 case-friendly:

X-men_vs_street_fighter_case.pngIMG_2981.JPG

Edited by Smashmaster12

Guh - how did i miss this thread! Maybe i can still make the deadline.

That cover is awesome, Smashmaster. A+ I really love the little detail changes like AA instead of Capcom, and the minimates rating in the corner. 

Ok I better put mine up before I forget (and also now I don't have to go first) anyway I decided to try ans recreate the Days of future past X-Men 141 cover

Days%20of%20future%20past%20cover_zpsbbp

Original for reference

xmen02_zpsmxlvk4hj.jpg

And if anybody is interested here is the image on its own. I created the back ground elements and captured the image as one photograph, for some insane reason I thought it would give a more layered realistic look if I did all the slains and apprehendeds separately and glue them on the created poster. Unfortunately when  everything was scaled down to minimate size these became super tiny and difficult to work with and probably created the same effect as if I just made them on the original poster. Oh well live and learn.

Days%20of%20future%20past%20cover%2002_z

Okay, here is my entry. I was going for a recreation of the opening credits of the 90's cartoon:

5420FE78-D946-414B-9D67-A8A3D8D2273B_zps

The above is the recolored version. I was recoloring this on my iPod, so I apologize for the poor lines. Here is the original:

5B4403C1-3D80-4AF0-A81A-C4BBA0C29931_zps

I added Jean to the X-men roster, as I never could figure out why she was left out. I also swapped in Omega Red for a green suited villain I was unable to recognize on Magneto's side.

And the shot that I was trying to recreate:

371E7200-3BE1-454A-ACBF-10DE2A24F42A_zps

Right before this shot, there are people running and screaming, but it is a pan shot that was a little too hard to recreate. I hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by Onyx_6
Added additional image.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I always wondered who that green guy was.

I believe that's the Hulk villain the Gargoyle 

Gargoyle_II_001_zpsqwdqrzfo.jpg

As for the why? well that I don't know all I can think of was if memory serves correctly wasn't there a Hulk cartoon around that time? maybe somebody had visions of a potential crossover or maybe it was a character design laying around, short of that maybe it was just a favourite character of somebody.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

IMG_20160828_212610.jpg

One of my favorite issues from one of my favorite comic runs of all-time. Unfortunately I don't have a computer or a tablet right now so I had to "phone" this one in. I'm probably going to attempt more of these as this was a lot of fun.

Here's the original cover:

5ef5e2452cc95cce1cfcca7f4a905cb8.jpg

Edited by bigvis497

"Please...Charles, we need you to hope again."

chuck%20light_zpshmkxinqu.png

Well, I hope I made the deadline! Anyway I just came across this contest today! I wish I had more time to work on something. I am an X-Men freak since I was 7-8 and would love to have that dio. I did my best in such a short amount of time. And honestly, I am a poor visual artist. I am a pretty good musician though :D. 

Anyhow, about the picture... It is from the Days of Future Past movie. It's pretty much my favorite scene. I think it really captures the essence of Professor X's character. And the cinematography of that scene is just break-taking. Oh and the music is wonderful as well. John Ottman is the man!

The timing for me just stinks so much! I actually ordered some spare x-men parts and some mini-playlets to use for making cool scene to take pictures of just last week! If only I had an extra week or some I could do something amazing. Anyway, congrats to whomever gets the grand prize. All of you are much better visual artists than I and deserve it! 

Oh and here's the photo I used for reference:
BEST2_zpsxkm80oo9.jpg

Edited by CableNathan