UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Turns 10 - August Giveaway

pk13

12 minutes ago, bigvis497 said:

CableNathan, you're a poor visual artist? That's news to me. You have a very strong understanding of light, these pictures look professional. No idea how you got the shadows and highlights to match so naturally. 

Thank you so much for the kind words! Does that mean I get your vote? haha. Perhaps I was a bit hard on myself. At the very least I am untrained as a visual artist. This is only probably the 3rd or 4th picture I have ever edited. My lightning secrets shall remain with me for now but I will tell you I had to make do with just my phone for a camera! It was a pain in he @$$. It's an old galaxy s3, haha. At work I have access to many professional DSLR cameras but I didn't have time to borrow one today.

We have our participants. Thank you to everyone that took time to enter! Voting will now open. A quick reminder of the voting details:

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry. The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results. Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts. Tie-breakers will be decided by the number of 1st place votes, and then by a panel of Mods if there is a further tie. During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me, with the subject line of AUGUST VOTING.

And to make it worth your while to cast a vote, there will be a prize given to one random person that submits a vote. Voting starts now and will run for one week. The deadline will be 9/6 at midnight. Good luck to all!

The votes are in and we have a winner. Congrats goes to:

bzorio!

Thanks for an awesome contest and to everyone that participated. And thank you to the voters as well. Everyone that submitted a vote was entered into a random drawing for a Luke's Toy Store gift certificate. And the winner of the drawing was MisterPL. Congrats to you as well!

Thanks again everyone. And make sure to check back in a few days to find the September thread...

• 2 weeks later...