UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60 Treatment for Other Teams

thereasonsy

Hey Guys/Gals:

Since the success of Wave 60's Strike Force I've been trying to think about who else could do this type of multiple figures in one pack swap. I can only think of Gen X (need one girl body and one guy body), and the comic versions of the Agents of SHIELD. I can think of quick swaps for individuals i.e. Banshee/Syrin Vance Astro/Marvel Boy, Thunderbird/Warpath but really strugelling for a team unit. Can you guys think of anyone else?

I would love another build them set for the Muir Island X-Men but they are basically the New Mutants costumes. Although a larger form chest piece for a Sunder would make me happy adjacent for a spell since it could benefit Beast and etc.

Meh... it goes against my usual tastes but I've always been a fan of Ramos.

1995-1998 X-Force could work and is up there on my wishlist. That run remains one of my favorite nobody else cares runs in comics. Adam Pollina's art was so unique and beautiful.

1 hour ago, bigvis497 said:

1995-1998 X-Force could work and is up there on my wishlist. That run remains one of my favorite nobody else cares runs in comics. Adam Pollina's art was so unique and beautiful.

I was there for it because JFM got the characters. I wasn't a supporter of Pollina but dealt with it. I also want a Boomer and Rictor in their last New Mutant Uniforms.

2 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

I agree. I loved the Purple/Yellow uniforms, gave the team an actual unified aesthetic. It hasn't really made it's mark on history, though, for sure. I doubt it would be very high on the list of minimates to be made.

7 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Maybe we did before the Purge, but even if it's still there it hasn't been used in a while.

We should reactivate it! If only we could find it. .

7 hours ago, MisterPL said:

The Marvel 60 treatment would be ideal for Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise... You know, almost any property with uniforms.

3b2.jpg

LOL yes but I am trying to keep this MCU relates.

Hellions.

Orighell.jpg250px-NewMutants16.jpg

Further, they could be done in just two 2-packs.

• One with a male suited body, alt heads for: Empath, Jetstream, Thunderbird II (Warpath). Paired with: Catseye cat form.
    • [parts for: Jestream's rig]
  • One with a female suited body, alt heads for: Catseye, Roulette, Tarot. Paired with: updated White Queen.
    • [parts for: Catseye's tail, Roulette's disks, Tarot's cards]

That awesome & complete New Mutants team needs someone to fight... Plus, as shown above, you can pop their heads on the suited bodies to flesh out the team.

Edited by elhonez
grammar

42 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Not bad but I'm seeing more than one flesh color on that team. We'll need multiple chest blocks, too.

Yeah, the same chest block would work for the girls, but all three of the boys would need a different chest block. Although, Proudstar is bulky enough that he could use a chest cap to cover one of the other skin tones.

6 hours ago, elhonez said:

Hellions.

Orighell.jpg250px-NewMutants16.jpg

Further, they could be done in just two 2-packs.

• One with a male suited body, alt heads for: Empath, Jetstream, Thunderbird II (Warpath). Paired with: Catseye cat form.
    • [parts for: Jestream's rig]
  • One with a female suited body, alt heads for: Catseye, Roulette, Tarot. Paired with: updated White Queen.
    • [parts for: Catseye's tail, Roulette's disks, Tarot's cards]

That awesome & complete New Mutants team needs someone to fight... Plus, as shown above, you can pop their heads on the suited bodies to flesh out the team.

I AM ALL IN FOR THIS! That would be great!

The thing that *really* spoke to me about wave 60 was that each pack was hero/villain set. We ended up completing 2 teams with one wave. I'd really like to see DST have a think about as an option for future waves. The possibilities are awesome! 

Thor v Wrecking Crew: Thor v Piledriver, Volstagg v Thunderball, Fandral v Wrecker, Hogun v Bolldozer.

WCA v Masters of Evil: Ionic Wonder Man v Melter, Mockingbird v Executioner, White Vision v Whirlwind, War Machine v Enchantress

If you really wanted to use the body-base idea, Magneto's Acolytes would be perfect.

Havok v Fabian Cortez/Senyaka, Polaris v Amelia Voght/Scanner, Strong Guy v Uniscone/Frenzy,  Wolfsbane v the Kleinstocks

On 8/12/2016 at 0:26 PM, Freaqualizer said:

I like Nessex's idea! Anything that gets me the Wrecking Crew (I'm looking at you Animated Walgreens line) I'm all for! 

Agreed, I think I focus on Wave 60 because of the characters and how we got the full strike force in one shot (also because I loved the Jim Lee uniforms) but you have a great point about it being a completed team focus. Nessex's Thor scenario gets us TWO teams at once which I really like.

Yeah, I like Nessex's Thor/Warriors3/Wrecking Crew idea as well. I'd be first in line for something like that.

My Hellions idea picks up less on the "2 complete team" aspect, and more on the "encourages multiple purchases" vibe that seemed to drive Wave 60. After some thought, to make it less of a bitter pill for buyers perhaps the White Queen redux in Pack #2 could be replaced by the "New Mutants Style Sentinels": I always dug the blue & gray look that was (fittingly) featured in the New Mutants book. And that way, you wouldn't end up with 3x White Queens lying around in lingerie to complete your Hellions.

Better yet, and crazier still: If this were a "traditional" wave with Army Builder, make NM Sentinel the army builder, Female/Male Hellion the swap-fig, and include a two-pack with classic White Queen and Catseye's cat form. The other 2-pack could be a heavy hitter/"anchor" to sell the wave. 

475fc60977a1057dc6c648b650b6ee6c.jpg

Sentinels.jpg