DSTZach   

I like looking at them.

When we are able to do army-builders in movie waves, it's an attempt to capture some of that MAX magic!

Day+370+%252813%2529.jpg

Day+370+%252812%2529.jpg

detail.jpg

blk3.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

Onyx_6   

You should push to bring them back.

While I would love to see MAX make a return, I think the days of unlicensed product is over.  DST is having a hard enough time convincing some retailers to carry licensed Minimates these days, and the fact that the Indie Comics line is now selling for 98 cents at TRU pretty much rules them out in the future.

I just picked up a full case of Indie Comics Minimates for $12.

Maximum Zombies would have been a lot of fun.  

Edited by youbastards

man I wish that one guy hadn't burnt everyone on that kickstarter thing or whatever. Having us the consumer just raise enough money to get product from DST ahead of time would have been great. 

Btw: Zach those shots are great. We neeeeed more accessorized army builders like that!!!

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

For a long time the MAX Swat guys were my favorite army builders. They still probably are, now that I think about it. The sheer number of parts and pieces in those sets was an unprecedented amount. If DST ever did a limited-run, subscriber only sort of line to bring these back I would invest a lot in. I remember in 2011 when there was a MAX Firefighter in a Marvel set, I'd love to see the line somehow make a comeback again like that.

DSTZach   

Not sure if the lack of success of Indie Comics Minimates is a direct strike against MAX. At least kids know what a fireman is.

Maybe someday they'll return...

MisterPL   

I always wanted to see AA design a sci-fi line. Based on what we got with MAX and Calico Jack, I think a space-themed brand would be a lot of fun. Aliens and spacesuits and spaceships, oh my!

Let's start asking DST.

Onyx_6   
17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

What?!?!?! Man, I didn't know there were any of these left. That's a good deal. 

I think that's actually a little high from other places I have seen, albeit not that recently. I think I picked up a second one for $10 at one point. They are still out there, you just need to look.

My only problem with that is I don't need any more firefighters, and I don't want any more soldiers. So I'd just be spending $14 for the cop. :confused: