UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where did MAX go?

Here's a stat to ponder on .....there are over 13000 'minimate' listings on US eBay today , a dozen or so of those listings are for Max minimates .  Calico Jack Minimates are pretty elusive as well ...about 20.... & Battle Beasts about 50.     DeLoreans ,Koaches,KITT & KARRS hardly abound either .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately I've been buying a lot of the MAX line.  Even when I'm not looking for them I seem to get them in loose lots or even like today my package from Luke contained a firefighter as the mystery minimate.  It had so much promise I really wish the line continued.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:59 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Here's a stat to ponder on .....there are over 13000 'minimate' listings on US eBay today , a dozen or so of those listings are for Max minimates .  Calico Jack Minimates are pretty elusive as well ...about 20.... & Battle Beasts about 50.     DeLoreans ,Koaches,KITT & KARRS hardly abound either .

Yeah it took me a long time to get the rescue ones. People who have Max mates want to keep them. Those unreleased vehicles from 2010 are still stellar. If only they could pull a Hasbro...

On 5/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, MisterPL said:

MAX needs to be part of a robust Minimates product line. The licensed product can get the retailer's attention. MAX can complement it with vehicles and maybe even playsets. Acquiring a license or two that would allow for both figures AND vehicles would be ideal. 

Personally, I've wanted to see a sci-fi Max line for years. Concepts from ten years ago could be repurposed.

Perhaps MAX could be shoved in one of DST's current lines, such as everyone's favorite superhero, Fire Chief Max.

Marvel may not let DST do vehicles, but perhaps a Spider-Man colored helicopter is just what the licensees want to see ?

I always praise the good things about Minimates but hats & helmets rarely come into that category .........the fireman helmet......seriously ? :ermm: 

I guess Fireman Max is the only Marvel minimate that has never appeared in the Marvel universe/comics.  (Ol'butt now waits for a deluge of posts saying otherwise )

• 1 year later...

i recently picked up two of the stealth jets and i love them already. perfectly matches the minimate style and i wish i had gotten them sooner, especially now that i know they can be mixed and matched. if they followed these up with some motorcycles it would have been huge!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This was the planned MAX "police" variant of the APC vehicle that did not, I believe, even receive a release in its primary colors.

Edit: Here's a snap of the originally-planned vehicle:

VehiclesSeries3_Spec__scaled_800.jpg

Edited by elhonez