UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where did MAX go?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would love to see MAX make a return, I think the days of unlicensed product is over.  DST is having a hard enough time convincing some retailers to carry licensed Minimates these days, and the fact that the Indie Comics line is now selling for 98 cents at TRU pretty much rules them out in the future.

I just picked up a full case of Indie Comics Minimates for $12.

Maximum Zombies would have been a lot of fun.  

Edited by youbastards

man I wish that one guy hadn't burnt everyone on that kickstarter thing or whatever. Having us the consumer just raise enough money to get product from DST ahead of time would have been great. 

Btw: Zach those shots are great. We neeeeed more accessorized army builders like that!!!

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

For a long time the MAX Swat guys were my favorite army builders. They still probably are, now that I think about it. The sheer number of parts and pieces in those sets was an unprecedented amount. If DST ever did a limited-run, subscriber only sort of line to bring these back I would invest a lot in. I remember in 2011 when there was a MAX Firefighter in a Marvel set, I'd love to see the line somehow make a comeback again like that.

17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

What?!?!?! Man, I didn't know there were any of these left. That's a good deal. 

I think that's actually a little high from other places I have seen, albeit not that recently. I think I picked up a second one for $10 at one point. They are still out there, you just need to look.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dusting my shelves and I came across my old Max plane, Enterprise, DeLorean, KIT and the Pirate ship... we really didn't know how good we had it then. Those Vehicles were/are stellar even still. I wish we could resurrect this line somehow and got those waves that got shelved completed.

I'm down for a "get Minimates into X retailer campaign"... I don't think MAX (nothing against MAX but I think you gotta hook em with something else first) is the way to go, but I'll participate in said email campaign.

MAX needs to be part of a robust Minimates product line. The licensed product can get the retailer's attention. MAX can complement it with vehicles and maybe even playsets. Acquiring a license or two that would allow for both figures AND vehicles would be ideal. 

Personally, I've wanted to see a sci-fi Max line for years. Concepts from ten years ago could be repurposed.