UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man gold paint- HELP

Dannii

Dear friends,

I don't know if you have already talked about this topic, but I was selecting my Iron Man mates for a group picture and I noticed that some of them are losing that cool and bright gold paint of the armor and helmet. They are turning into copper...

Do you have the same problem with your old Iron Man figures? I noticed this change with my Neo Classic Iron Man, Heroes Return and the Through the Ages boxset. Do you have any special treatment for these gold minimates?

:(

Edited by Dannii

My Rich Raider Nova has lost all its gold paint as well... now it's just copper and that gold detail on its armor is just brown/dark green :(

45 minutes ago, Dannii said:

My Rich Raider Nova has lost all its gold paint as well... now it's just copper and that gold detail on its armor is just brown/dark green :(

Same goes for me. I repainted it, but it's not the same (we could use an updated Rich now that he's getting a solo again). My "solution" for newer figs with gold/silver paint, is to just keep them in ziplock bags. Not an ideal case, but it'll do.

51 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Same goes for me. I repainted it, but it's not the same (we could use an updated Rich now that he's getting a solo again). My "solution" for newer figs with gold/silver paint, is to just keep them in ziplock bags. Not an ideal case, but it'll do.

But I also keep them in ziplock bags, but it doesn't seem to do them any good... :( 
If my Professor X's floating chair turns to copper it will look so damn ugly!! 

18 minutes ago, Dannii said:

But I also keep them in ziplock bags, but it doesn't seem to do them any good... :( 
If my Professor X's floating chair turns to copper it will look so damn ugly!! 

Yeah, it varies from mate to mate with mine as well. Just plain ol' luck I guess.

I don't think zip lock bags are an ideal storage solution. the bags may be reacting adversely with the paints and plastics, which could be causing discoloration. 

I store my minimates in individual acid free archival quality bags, and then store those in ziplocks.

Edited by TheKrisLyons

I took some pictures of Lady Loki, who has also lost her golden color, as well as both versions of Nova so that you can see the difference...

20160731_164658_resized_zpsjducxujd.jpg

20160731_164828_resized_zpsc5dr1qmd.jpg

20160731_165345_resized_zpshb7kxqmk.jpg

20160731_164849_resized_zpsegt3gr15.jpg