UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dannii

Iron Man gold paint- HELP

Recommended Posts

Dear friends,

I don't know if you have already talked about this topic, but I was selecting my Iron Man mates for a group picture and I noticed that some of them are losing that cool and bright gold paint of the armor and helmet. They are turning into copper...

Do you have the same problem with your old Iron Man figures? I noticed this change with my Neo Classic Iron Man, Heroes Return and the Through the Ages boxset. Do you have any special treatment for these gold minimates?

:(

Edited by Dannii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Rich Raider Nova has lost all its gold paint as well... now it's just copper and that gold detail on its armor is just brown/dark green :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dannii said:

My Rich Raider Nova has lost all its gold paint as well... now it's just copper and that gold detail on its armor is just brown/dark green :(

Same goes for me. I repainted it, but it's not the same (we could use an updated Rich now that he's getting a solo again). My "solution" for newer figs with gold/silver paint, is to just keep them in ziplock bags. Not an ideal case, but it'll do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Same goes for me. I repainted it, but it's not the same (we could use an updated Rich now that he's getting a solo again). My "solution" for newer figs with gold/silver paint, is to just keep them in ziplock bags. Not an ideal case, but it'll do.

But I also keep them in ziplock bags, but it doesn't seem to do them any good... :( 
If my Professor X's floating chair turns to copper it will look so damn ugly!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dannii said:

But I also keep them in ziplock bags, but it doesn't seem to do them any good... :( 
If my Professor X's floating chair turns to copper it will look so damn ugly!! 

Yeah, it varies from mate to mate with mine as well. Just plain ol' luck I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think zip lock bags are an ideal storage solution. the bags may be reacting adversely with the paints and plastics, which could be causing discoloration. 

I store my minimates in individual acid free archival quality bags, and then store those in ziplocks.

Edited by TheKrisLyons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I store mine in plastic craft boxes I get at Hobby Lobbg for a couple bucks a box and I've never had any problems with this on any of my stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm going to take some pictures and post them here by tomorrow ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took some pictures of Lady Loki, who has also lost her golden color, as well as both versions of Nova so that you can see the difference...

20160731_164658_resized_zpsjducxujd.jpg

20160731_164828_resized_zpsc5dr1qmd.jpg

20160731_165345_resized_zpshb7kxqmk.jpg

20160731_164849_resized_zpsegt3gr15.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...