UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Netflix Luke Cage

Zylek

It looks fantastic. Marvel's Netflix shows are, IMO, the best thing they're producing right now. My dream is a Runaways Netflix show, but that's not likely.

As for this show, Cage just needs to say "sweet Christmas" at least once and put on a yellow shirt to make me happy. I don't know any of his villains, so it will be interesting to learn about them.

Couldn't agree more, I hope they'll move to 3+ seasons a year next year since 2017 already has Iron Fist and Defenders and we already know DD season 3, JJ season 2 and Punisher are already coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't finished Luke Cage yet but so far, so good. Definitely some fanboy moments in there but it's also a very relevant show.

Oh, and anyone who insists "DC is dark & gritty" and "Marvel is light & fluffy" isn't watching Supergirl, The Flash, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage. There's a lot more live-action variety than either company gets credit for. What a great time to be a fan of both.

I thought the outfit Diamondback wore at the end was kind of cheesy but whatevs. The Method Man cameo was great! I would say this was the best series so far to attempt to connect to the MCU by name dropping Stark, Cap, and references to the Blond with a hammer and the Green Monster. I liked how Claire kept mentioning her great Lawyer she knows and the couple references to Jessica Jones. Also having a couple characters pop in from DD like Turk and the assistant DA from S2.

From "Sweet Christmas" to "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" 

I'm looking forward to Iron Fist but the end of Luke Cage left me a little cold. The whole series felt like two separate six-issue story arcs with a bonus issue tacked onto the end that felt very forced. Most of it I enjoyed but I got real tired of the social justice preaching by the time Method Man started rapping. Though I do have to wonder if bullet-holed hoodies will make it to Target next season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2016 at 9:48 AM, Zylek said:

Hide contents

I thought the outfit Diamondback wore at the end was kind of cheesy but whatevs. The Method Man cameo was great! I would say this was the best series so far to attempt to connect to the MCU by name dropping Stark, Cap, and references to the Blond with a hammer and the Green Monster. I liked how Claire kept mentioning her great Lawyer she knows and the couple references to Jessica Jones. Also having a couple characters pop in from DD like Turk and the assistant DA from S2.

And all the tech was from "Hammer Industries".

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished this.  I really liked it, and it did a lot to turn my opinion of the Netflix stuff around after I was a little let down by Jessica Jones.  I felt this show did a much better job handling Colter as Luke.  He was very likable and relatable.  Music was great, all of the actors were great, and there were several comics references that had me giddy for what's coming in later shows.  I also liked that this show, while still sporting the "edge" of the last two, was a bit more upbeat and hopeful.

...which made the ending all the more shocking.  While I think it was an interesting turn, and I look forward to the potential Matt Murdock involvement that was hinted at, I must admit I was just the tiniest bit let down by the fact that Luke will now probably be locked up until Defenders.  I had sort of been hoping he might show up in Iron Fist, to cement the two of them as a team before the Defenders as a whole were formed.  Now it's sort of looking like Luke and DD will be meeting up first. 

With all the trouble Jessica and Luke have managed to get into with police, maybe the final crossover is about legal defense. What a great way to disappoint fans!

"Yeah, our take on The Defenders was always meant to show heroes in legal jeopardy and to bring in Matt & Foggy as their legal team. Of course action scenes would be shown in flashbacks, mostly recycled footage from the previous shows to keep costs down. Pretty brilliant, right?"

[Commence rioting.]