UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2016 Pictures & News

Somebody had to get this thread started (place is so dead after all the time offline)

2016_SDCC_DST203__scaled_600.jpg

Only minimate picture I could find from preview night. Movie Strange wave looks good in person. Nice to see Kaecilius comes with an extra head. Doesn't look like the Acolyte comes with an extra head though (wanted to have a couple of them, wish they could look different). 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we know about the alternate hood for the Ancient One? I'll definitely get the Strange/Ancient One pack and maybe Kaecilius/Mordo, depending on how much I enjoy the movie. Wong and the zealot are also tempting my love of purple.

The only new predators are the three cloaked ones photographed together, right?

I'm excited for Daredevil, but I still wish Foggy had alternate parts for Ben. Honestly, for Jessica Jones, I think it would have been better to wait until after Luke Cage and Iron Fist and offer a Netflix Defenders wave with a JJ/Kilgrave two pack. I'm sure we'll be getting another Luke for his series, hopefully in a yellow shirt, so this one seems a little pointless and non-combatant Hellcat isn't especially interesting.

I have no real interest in a Beetlejuice Vinimate, but I hope it's a sign of minimates to come. The Iron Giant, on the other hand, looks fantastic and seems to be exactly what people have been asking for from the Vinimate concept. I'll get one, especially if we get a box set of Hogarth, Dean, Hogarth's mother and Kent Mansley to accompany it.

17 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I know people here are really jazzed about Series 69 and I'll be picking it up, too, but it looks like another Series 50 to me. I hope it sells well.

I agree. Only the Dane/Amora pack excites me, but I'll get the other non-variant sets just for some more classic characters. I am a bit worried about its performance, especially since it's an army builder wave, with more of the non-army builder packs.

EDIT: There's a new Cheshire Cat Vinimate too, who I might get just out of love for the character. Plus, due to his... hallucinogenic nature, who's to say he couldn't be that size?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

I am actually blown away at the Beetlejuice, and Iron Giant Vinimates. I will no doubt get the Elf Vinimate, and am now praying that these get the minimates treatment. I would only maybe Need a boxset for Elf with Buddy, Jovie, Miles Finch and Walter. Fingers crossed that i can retire this custom for an official one!

santa_buddy_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

One thing I would like from a hypothetical Elf line would be a classic, Coca-Cola Santa Claus.

Oh, I'd totally want a Santa, and papa elf ....... i may now need a whole line of elf mates, lol

and while i am in wishing mode , gimme Christmas Story, and Christmas Vacation mates!

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I know people here are really jazzed about Series 69 and I'll be picking it up, too, but it looks like another Series 50 to me. I hope it sells well.

Yup, same goes for me. Dane/Amora is a must, but... I have no real interest in Tigra, Classic Falcon is at the bottom of my wants list, and I don't know why we're getting 2 Blizzards. Thing is, I loved Series 50, so to me, this is something along the lines of... Wave 44 I'd say. But, it's a "return" to the more "classic" Waves, so I like that. I long for the days of Waves 48, 42 and the like.

Edited by Kostisfire

8 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Yup, same goes for me. Dane/Amora is a must, but... I have no real interest in Tigra, Classic Falcon is at the bottom of my wants list, and I don't know why we're getting 2 Blizzards. Thing is, I loved Series 50, so to me, this is something along the lines of... Wave 44 I'd say. But, it's a "return" to the more "classic" Waves, so I like that. I long for the days of Waves 48, 42 and the like.

It's funny, before Wave 69 was announced, I saw multiple members clamoring for a classic Falcon. But when the pictures were shown, there were a few people who said "Oh, that's nice, I guess." and that was it.

Just now, BuffaloDelorean said:

It's funny, before Wave 69 was announced, I saw multiple members clamoring for a classic Falcon. But when the pictures were shown, there were a few people who said "Oh, that's nice, I guess." and that was it.

Well, Classic Falcon was at the top of lots of people's lists for a long time. I get why, it's his classic costume (the hideous green one doesn't count), but for me, it's an eh mate. I have the Wave 54 one, which is what I consider THE Falcon costume. It was sleek, modern, yet still super-hero-y. I get why some/most wanted this one, but it ain't for me. Still, there's only so many times you can say "yasss" about a fig. It's the reason most threads "die" and are resurected only when yay shots arrive. 

10 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Well, Classic Falcon was at the top of lots of people's lists for a long time. I get why, it's his classic costume (the hideous green one doesn't count), but for me, it's an eh mate. I have the Wave 54 one, which is what I consider THE Falcon costume. It was sleek, modern, yet still super-hero-y. I get why some/most wanted this one, but it ain't for me. Still, there's only so many times you can say "yasss" about a fig. It's the reason most threads "die" and are resurected only when yay shots arrive. 

I guess that's fair. I do definitely agree that Wave 54's Falcon is his best costume. In my mind, it's up there with John Cassaday's X-Men redesigns in terms of faithfulness to the original costume while still looking modern. Unfortunately, I missed most of that wave, so I'm getting this Falcon for my Avengers.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

13 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I guess that's fair. I do definitely agree that Wave 54's Falcon is his best costume. In my mind, it's up there with John Cassaday's X-Men redesigns in terms of faithfulness to the original costume while still looking modern. Unfortunately, I missed most of that wave, so I'm getting this Falcon for my Avengers.

Yeah, those Cassaday redesigns were great. But I find myself liking the Unused Alex Ross ones for the Movie X-Men a tad more. His Spider-Man one eventually became canon with Assassin Spider-Man and Superior 2.0, but his X-Men ones have not. Which is a same, since I remember really liking them.

As for Wave 54, man, you missed a great wave. Winter Soldier, Falcon, Viper, Strucker, it's one of my faves.

12 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Yeah, those Cassaday redesigns were great. But I find myself liking the Unused Alex Ross ones for the Movie X-Men a tad more. His Spider-Man one eventually became canon with Assassin Spider-Man and Superior 2.0, but his X-Men ones have not. Which is a same, since I remember really liking them.

As for Wave 54, man, you missed a great wave. Winter Soldier, Falcon, Viper, Strucker, it's one of my faves.

I hadn't seen those Alex Ross designs. Thanks for mentioning them, they look great.

And Wave 54 is one of my missed waves that bothers me the most. It was just my luck that the only set from it I could find was FC Cap and Arnim Zola Red Skull (who quickly broke at the hip).