UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2016 Pictures & News

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One new Marvel reveal. (Walgreens series 3)

Two(?) New Predator reveals. (LCS 3 and partial Blind Bags Series 3)

One NBX reveal. (Blind Bags 4)

One partial 2016 Ghostbusters reveal. (Slimette and happy Rowen/Stay Puft)

No new Aliens...

No new X-Files...

No new Star Trek...

No new Indie Comics...

No new TMNT....

No new Walking Dead...

No new Back to the Future...

No new classic Ghostbusters...

Iron Giant art shown.

Beetlejuice teased.

11 minutes ago, youbastards said:

No new Aliens...

No new X-Files...

No new Star Trek...

No new Indie Comics...

No new TMNT....

No new Walking Dead...

Iron Giant art shown.

Beetlejuice teased.

*sad trombone*

25 minutes ago, youbastards said:

No new Aliens...

No new X-Files...

No new Star Trek...

No new Indie Comics...

No new TMNT....

No new Walking Dead...

Iron Giant art shown.

Beetlejuice teased.

To be fair predator lcs 3 and the ghostbusters stuff was revealed a couple days before sdcc

That's why I started preordering from Entertainment Earth, you pay pretty much retail with free shipping, saves having to always check local stores. Even when mine don't have heavy stock they sometimes don't get new waves in for weeks. 

I would've rather seen an Elf or Beetlejuice set instead of Iron Giant but people seem to be pumped about that.

I like the new Predator stuff but that's about it.

Is that it for Minimates for SDCC?  I was hoping for at least a new line-up for TMNT 5.

Damn. Not much of anything, it sounds like. I certainly hope more stuff gets revealed throughout the year. 

No classic GB, Star Trek and X-Files is a major bummer.

i'm glad to get Squirrel Girl and Hyperion, though.

Edited by Mystery Man

Gotta echo the sentiments, this was a rather weak showing. No new 4-Packs shown, no hint for the next Marvel Wave, no word on Indie Mates, no new Ghostbusters stuff, no new licenses besides the Iron Giant, no new TMNT stuff, just things we already knew about. Yes, we got Animated 3, but come on. Chibi Spider-Man? The same animated Spider-Man with a jetpack? Captain America: Parts re-use? I would've been excited for Hyperion, but the animated style just doesn't mesh well with the comic stuff, especially when unmasked characters are concerned. Noir is the only fig I'm kinda interested in... 

Edited by Kostisfire

6 minutes ago, CBMM1 said:

I saw that too. Maybe...it shouldn't be posted considering they probably broke a NDA there.

I'd put it in spoiler tags, but they don't work the same way as before the update... Eh, I'll take it down, just to be safe.

No NDA was broken, Chuck was just referring to all of the rumored character that have been mentioned on the interwebs. He reads all the same new sites you do. None of that should be taken as gospel, just speculation.

7 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

DST's SDCC reveals are usually light due to constant reveals through the year and holding stuff for NYCC. However, even for DST this year was weak.

Wait, what? We would never hold something back from SDCC to reveal at NYCC. What would be the point? We reveal new items every 30 days through Previews, and retail exclusives in between. The reason nothing else was shown is because everything else has been shown. There will be new stuff ready to show by NYCC, like Marvel Animated 4.

I also showed full S3 blind bags and the TRU3 2-pack in the panel presentation.

Also the TRU3  and TRU4 exclusive 2-packs, as well as art for Hot Topic 2 exclusives.

No new TMNT....

Chuck announced we were waiting on the latest reference for Series 6.

No new Walking Dead...

Also, no new Desperately Seeking Susan or Platoon. Why would there be? BTTF MM is done, as previously stated in BTTF thread. Walking Dead is in holding pattern, as we've frequently said. Classic Ghostbusters, we've announced we're working on the Ecto-1, but current focus is 2016 line, anything else classic is icing on a mostly complete line.

Iron Giant art shown.

Beetlejuice teased.

Also, Elf MM announced.

Also Gotham Series 4 art shown.

Also, Alice Hot Topic exclusives art shown

6 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

Was there any booth giveaway mate this year? 

No.

5 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I would've rather seen an Elf or Beetlejuice set instead of Iron Giant but people seem to be pumped about that.

We're making MM for all of those, as I told people, but IG was the only art ready.

Is that it for Minimates for SDCC?  I was hoping for at least a new line-up for TMNT 5.

TMNT 5 packaged samples were in the display case. TMNT 6 is awaiting new reference.

And the number of reveals prior to SDCC has been pretty extensive. 67, 68, 69, 70, Now! and the Netflix sets have all been shown, and NONE are out yet, although 67 is imminent. Multiple NBX sets solicited. Multiple Predator. There is a lot of unreleased-but-announced stuff in the works, and you have seen it all. 

Edited by DSTZach

16 hours ago, Heinous said:

Who is that tiny spiderman and what's up w jet pack spidey? Why does antman's mask have the open look on the show? Just to kinda look more like the comic version? Noir looks good, but that hat is sitting super high on the head 

Itsy-Bitsy Spider-Man is from when he was turned into a baby by Loki, along with everyone else.

unmasking-ultimate-spiderman-with-produc

Jet-pack is from when he said that all he really wanted was a jet pack.

detail.jpg

Noir hat sits high because that pic is of a painted resin prototype. It fits better on the production sample, which I put in the display case today.

Itsy Bitsy aside, I will never understand that flat-out rejection of Animated-style MInimates as "too cartoony." If you can read Squirrel Girl (a cartoony book) alongside other Marvel Comics, I don't see why minor differences in the face are less acceptable. Ed McGuinness draws pretty simple faces, and a solo-title accurate Squirrel Girl would be even cartoonier! Sure, there are more detailed renditions of her, but I don't know if a David Finch- or Mike Deodato-style Squirrel Girl would really be that different from what we've done.

Edited by DSTZach

I like the animated stuff. For me it is kinda like the first waves of Minimates anyway a very slimmed down style then what we have now. As for Spidey rehashes This is one line I do understand it in because Spidey etc is the kinda anchor for the casual shopper much more then a LCS wave where I would say that that the customer is more collector based.

I find that Figures like Spidey etc are easily passed off to others as they are instantly recognised.

58 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I also showed full S3 blind bags and the TRU3 2-pack in the panel presentation.

Also the TRU3  and TRU4 exclusive 2-packs, as well as art for Hot Topic 2 exclusives.

Chuck announced we were waiting on the latest reference for Series 6.

Also, Elf MM announced.

Also Gotham Series 4 art shown.

Also, Alice Hot Topic exclusives art shown

I don't think we've seen this. Can anyone find it?

EDIT:

DSC_001210.jpgDSC_001310.jpgDSC_00159.jpgDSC_00289.jpg This still isn't all of it, though.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean