UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2016 Pictures & News

22 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I hadn't seen those Alex Ross designs. Thanks for mentioning them, they look great.

And Wave 54 is one of my missed waves that bothers me the most. It was just my luck that the only set from it I could find was FC Cap and Arnim Zola Red Skull (who quickly broke at the hip).

Yeah, they were something else. His Spider-Man still remains one of my fave redesigns ever. The only X-RD of him to kinda be brought to the 616, is his Wolverine one:

3618361-0+wolv2014001_dc11_lr.jpg

As for 54, man, that sucks. My Red Skull's hip also broke fairly soon. I've noticed that with a lot of the most recent MM releases. Mainly the Marvel stuff. The others are always top notch, but the Marvel figs always have problems.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Yeah, they were something else. His Spider-Man still remains one of my fave redesigns ever. The only X-RD of him to kinda be brought to the 616, is his Wolverine one:

3618361-0+wolv2014001_dc11_lr.jpg

As for 54, man, that sucks. My Red Skull's hip also broke fairly soon. I've noticed that with a lot of the most recent MM releases. Mainly the Marvel stuff. The others are always top notch, but the Marvel figs always have problems.

In a way, that Wolverine costume seems like a combination of Ross' Wolverine and one of his other designs, with the solid black X on his chest.

Hip joints are the only breakage (other than cables which I haven't had much luck with) I've had with minimates that haven't been completely my fault. (I broke an early 'mate's leg at the knee joint because I didn't know if they came apart under normal conditions like the elbow) The hips have sheared off on my Arnim Zola Red Skull and Phoenix Force Cyclops.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

In a way, that Wolverine costume seems like a combination of Ross' Wolverine and one of his other designs, with the solid black X on his chest.

Hip joints are the only breakage (other than cables which I haven't had much luck with) I've had with minimates that haven't been completely my fault. (I broke an early 'mate's leg at the knee joint because I didn't know if they came apart under normal conditions like the elbow) The hips have sheared off on my Arnim Zola Red Skull and Phoenix Force Cyclops.

I've had many such accidents. The most recent being Superior 2.0 and Best Of 3 Cap at the knee. Most of the time, my mates have the top of the arm develop cracks. That's ahppened too waaaay too many of them. And honestly, dunno why. I don't keep them out in the sun and I never "play" with them. The paint rubbing off is a whole 'nother subject.

2 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

I've had many such accidents. The most recent being Superior 2.0 and Best Of 3 Cap at the knee. Most of the time, my mates have the top of the arm develop cracks. That's ahppened too waaaay too many of them. And honestly, dunno why. I don't keep them out in the sun and I never "play" with them. The paint rubbing off is a whole 'nother subject.

That's odd. The only minimate of mine with a slight crack at the shoulder is the latest 2015 Marty McFly, and that makes sense because I kept switching his chest blocks around.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It's funny, before Wave 69 was announced, I saw multiple members clamoring for a classic Falcon. But when the pictures were shown, there were a few people who said "Oh, that's nice, I guess." and that was it.

I clamored. That Falcon is the highlight of the assortment for me. Tigra and Enchantress tie for second. 

classic Falcon was not on my list, at all. i was happy with the first Falcon we got and saw no need to replace him. then i saw classic Fal, and immediately decided to upgrade and give my current Falcon to my nephew. that whole wave looks great, tho i'll stick to just one modern Blizzard. waves 68 and 69 are both going to be coming home with me when they're released. i'll be passing on the movie and netflix mates, however. 

33 minutes ago, undeadpool said:

that wolverine design was actually done by Kris Anka, though there is definitely inspiration from Ross

Yeah, I know, but like the recent Superior 2.0 costume, it's clear Ross' ones were big inspirations. Personally, Anka's one of my faves. His DeviantArt account is full of great reimaginings.

6 hours ago, hellpop said:

Beetlejuice, Elf, and Iron Giant Vinylmates:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/21/sdcc-2016-dst-vinimates-items-212457

Let the speculation begin....

While I would love a whole line, a Beetlejuice Minimate 4-pack of Betelgeuse, Adam Maitland, Barbara Maitland, and Lydia Deetz would fulfill so many of my childhood dreams. 

Can't wait for Classic Falcon; one of my first comics was a 70s Captain America and The Falcon, when they battled MODOK.

Can't wait for Tigra; brings back memories of West Coast Avengers and 7-Eleven.

Nostalgia is weird like that sometimes.

6 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It's funny, before Wave 69 was announced, I saw multiple members clamoring for a classic Falcon. But when the pictures were shown, there were a few people who said "Oh, that's nice, I guess." and that was it.

Watch yo tongue! I've been leading the charge for classic Falcon and am gonna buy enough if 'em to balance out all y'all ho-hum naysayers who don't like 'im.

For the first time in my life I'm gonna be screaming "SIXTYYYY NIIIIIINE!" like a dumb junior high kid that just heard of sex. 

8 minutes ago, Mystery Man said:

Watch yo tongue! I've been leading the charge for classic Falcon and am gonna buy enough if 'em to balance out all y'all ho-hum naysayers who don't like 'im.

For the first time in my life I'm gonna be screaming "SIXTYYYY NIIIIIINE!" like a dumb junior high kid that just heard of sex. 

I didn't mean that there wasn't anyone excited about him, just that it seemed like there was more interest before he was announced.

Are we expexting any more Marvel minimates announcements later in the show or at the panel?

I'm sure that one year there ended up being more minimates added to the display over the weekend.

11 hours ago, UK Collector said:

Iron Giant....heart breaking....can't type...

This.

5 hours ago, Nessex said:

Are we expexting any more Marvel minimates announcements later in the show or at the panel?

I'm sure that one year there ended up being more minimates added to the display over the weekend.

We'll announce Marvel Animated Series 3 at the panel on Saturday, then put them in the case.

19 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I like that Daredevil set. I'm wondering if Claire comes with extra hands and if Foggy comes with shirt sleeve arms. Alternate looks make my wallet ache but in a good way.

Hands yes, sleeves no.

19 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm excited for Daredevil, but I still wish Foggy had alternate parts for Ben. Honestly, for Jessica Jones, I think it would have been better to wait until after Luke Cage and Iron Fist and offer a Netflix Defenders wave with a JJ/Kilgrave two pack. I'm sure we'll be getting another Luke for his series, hopefully in a yellow shirt, so this one seems a little pointless and non-combatant Hellcat isn't especially interesting.

We can't just put a Ben head on a Foggy body and get approval. Unless they wear the same outfit at some point in the series.

19 hours ago, youbastards said:

Nothing new for Aliens 'mates on display?

Nope.

17 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I know people here are really jazzed about Series 69 and I'll be picking it up, too, but it looks like another Series 50 to me. I hope it sells well.

What does that mean? Was Series 50 described as not doing well? It did fine, as far as I know.