UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel NOW! 2.-New costumes, Teams, Ideas...

Kostisfire

3 minutes ago, stack32 said:

At first I hated it too. Then I hated it more. Hasbro can keep it.

Eh, it grew on me. I dropped the book cause it was just like the previous vol (though it has improved from what I'm hearing, and I'm thinking of adding it again), but the costume grew on me. And hey, it sounds as if DST is not gonna revisit classic 2099 anytime soon, so I'll take this one. I just want a proper updated 2099, with arm blades, muscle detailing and the like. The animated one is passable, but it's not that great.

39 minutes ago, stack32 said:

I definitely agree on that last part, unfortunately we seem to be the only ones who think so. I think it's more likely that DST finds a way to put the UK Spidey in a wave.

It's a well made mate, but come on, it's not an accurate representation of 2099. No arm blades & no cape. Also, I'm a fan of the uber muscle detailing (see TRU Bullseye, Dark Avengers Sentry, etc), so I'm not fond of the animated one's minimal details. As I said, it's passable, but we need a new one. If the classic costume is "covered", I'll take the new one.

28 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

It's a well made mate, but come on, it's not an accurate representation of 2099. No arm blades & no cape. Also, I'm a fan of the uber muscle detailing (see TRU Bullseye, Dark Avengers Sentry, etc), so I'm not fond of the animated one's minimal details. As I said, it's passable, but we need a new one. If the classic costume is "covered", I'll take the new one.

To be fair, it's a much more accurate representation of animated Spider-Man 2099, who has more recessed arm blades and no cape. I am biased since I have no love for the character, but I'd much rather get something else from the new Now! than his new look.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

On 7/22/2016 at 0:30 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:
On 7/22/2016 at 0:04 PM, Zylek said:

I long for the days when minimates were where you would get the first toy of a Marvel character:

wcxllzobmitxg3fekda6.png

I haven't read anything with the character in it, and i have wanted minimates of characters after reading something with them in it and just based on this board I understand she is very popular, but on a pure design basis it is one god awful ugly costume.

7 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

To be fair, it's a much more accurate representation of animated Spider-Man 2099, who has more recessed arm blades and no cape. I am biased since I have no love for the character, but I'd much rather get something else from the new Now! than his new look.

Yeah, well, thing is, this is only our second 2099. He was one of the first mates ever, and due to its time, the first one is nowhere near a "good" mate now. If we're gonna get Deadpool's daughter and another OML, I think a new 2099, ANAD or not, wouldn't be an unessecary figure to get.

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

What don't you like about it? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like to know your reasoning.

Well these things vary from drawing to drawing but it's a rather shapeless shift dress which would ride up her hips all the time but if we are going to ignore the physical realities it would probably just look nicer tailored to some extent. Also opaque tights under a skirt tend not to look good in illustrations, possibly just me but I feel layered clothes complicate the visual impact of a superhero design. I'm not a fan of the three quarter sleeves because they give the character odd proportions (even though she seems to be drawn with long arms a lot so maybe these were a conscious decision to emphasize the imagery of her powers. Finally Super costumes are traditionally primary colours but when you have all 3 together in roughly equal proportions they tend to cause a visual conflict that can be disconcerting. Of course these are all my personal opinions and should be taken with however much salt you feel necessary. 

I'm psyched for the ML. MM next please.

We need Now! Cyclops! Rouge, Magik, and Mags would be nice to get as well. I'm surprised we haven't gotten them by now. I wish I asked Chuck about it yesterday. Sorry I failed you all ;)

Great to meet you Zach!!

image_zpsipg1cdkg.jpeg

Edited by Zak Katz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2016 at 6:49 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I can't really afford to keep up with all the comics I'd like to, but IIRC the Uncanny roster is Magneto, Sabretooth, Archangel, Psylocke, and M. Is that all?

On 7/18/2016 at 7:05 PM, OvenproofBug6 said:

Haha, I suppose when I meant new, I meant the previous incarnation written by Bendis. I currently haven't read the ANAD Uncanny X-men with the roster you're talking about. I really want to see an x-face Cyclops, all-white Magneto, and an updated Magik (in black leather costume). Also, I'm right there with ya' on the inability to afford all the comics I want to keep up with. Recently I've just been wating until TPB's release so I can grab them at my library.

What I've done is gotten a Marvel Unlimited membership. and stay off of spoiler boards. For 10 bucks you get all of the comics digitally and then I buy the titles that I literally can't wait for like both Inhumans which aren't the best titles but with Crystal/Medusa at the helm I'm going to keep buying it until I get my mates out of them.