UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel NOW! 2.-New costumes, Teams, Ideas...

Kostisfire

Yeah, yeah, I know, "yet another wishlist thread" but come on, the forum's been kinda dead after the update (lack of news and all, so I figured, what better way to pass the time than take a look at Marvel's even newer costumes! I mean, those old tights that debuted like, a year ago, are like, super-old now. Time for a change! Kidding aside, I spotted some designs that'd make for some fairly interesting mates, so yeah, here you go. Or, you can just bypass all that and just curse Marvel for having another relaunch so soon, I won't judge you (truth be told I'll join you)...

For the complete look at the new titles, here's a link: Marvel NOW! 2.0 Titles | As a sidenote, it's been confirmed that certain series have just been ommited from this catalogue, and will show up in the October solicits as regularly. So, no X-Men cancellations.

Anyway, I won't bomb this thread with pics, rather, I'll post just one. Mainly because it's one of the two or three titles I'm anticipating 9it's still Bendis writting, but eh, I'm either too optimistic, or too starved for a Doom solo that I'll take anything I can), and because I think it'd make for a good mate. 

infamous-iron-man-concept-1-3c2b5.jpginfamous-iron-man-concept-2-e7bc6.jpg

As you can see, these are Maleev's sketches for Doom's armour. Not terribly excitting, as it's mainly the ANAD Armour with a hood & cape combo, a different paint-job, and a few minor touches. Just for the novelt of it though, I'd love a mate, because, even though it's a boring Iron Doom design, it's a darn good Modern Doctor Doom Redesign. And good as it may be, the MvC3 Doom has some serious issues. It's basically a small statue at this point. So, yeah,if I had to choose one fig from this new batch, I'd choose Vic. Maybe he can be packed with his ANAD look, the suit & tie one. Now, you might be thinking "what about the F4 ban", but dunno, I don't think Marvel would publish a Doom solo titled "Infamous Iron Man", while also putting Ben on the GotG, and Johnny in the Inhumans. Something tells me that come this year's SDCC, we're in for a surprise, considering the recent Fox & Marvel X-Men TV Show deal. Or I'm just day dreaming, who knows? But I'd surely take an Iron Doom mate...

Apart from this one, there aren't many terribly new looks. There's Thor Odinson, the USAvengers, the Classic Thunderbolts with slight costume tweaks, Prowler, Mosaic, plus all the ANAD looks that haven't been made already. You could come up with a great ANAD/NOW! 2.0 Wave, truth be told. So, in the spirit of wishlisting, here's my dream wave:

Iron Doom/Victor Von Doom (Or more like Vincent Cassel)

Captain America (Steve Rogers)/ Black Widow

Moon Knight (Mr. Knight or Super-Hero look)/ Black Panther

Unworthy Thor/ Spider-Man 2099

So, yeah, there you have it' I'd also like Chulk and others, but these would be main wants. Yeah, it's A-List heavy, but I've got my reasons. ANAD Black Panther has a really cool Mass-Effect like Mask (it's from Hickman's run, but here it's used more often) and I think this plus his "weapons" would make for some great extras. ANAD Black Widow has a new look, with short hair, which I love, plus, the TRU 17 one was kinda wonky. Unworthy Thor actually looks cool, and Spider-Man 2099 could be a very fun mate. Iron Doom/Vic I already gave my thoughts on, MK doesn't need any more info, and HYDRA Cap, well, I like him, weirdly enough...

Oh, and one more thing...

MARVNOWPREV2016001-38-c4831.jpg

Here's your reference DST, now get on that Moon Knight Wave! And yeah, that's Astronaught Marc Spector. It'll be debuting in MK #5, which is a collection of various "trippy" sequences from various artists.

I'd really like a new Champions box set: Kamala Khan (!), Tyke, Chulk, and Viv. We already have multiples of Miles and Sam. I know DST is trying to avoid box sets though. I still want Ultimates but there's no change there. I guess ideally I'd want an Ultimates/Champions split wave, but that's pretty unlikely. A Death of X wave with a mix of modern X-Men would be nice, as would some more (somewhat) classic Thunderbolts. For solo characters, I'd like to see the current Hercules (maybe more likely since he's an Avenger again?) and Kate Bishop.

18 minutes ago, hellpop said:

BTW, I see that CBR has a "are you excited for Marvel Now 2.0?" poll.  Currently, "No" has 65% of the vote.  The House of Ideas, everyone!

Well, when you kill off Stark just a year after you vowed to make him a flagship character, when you change Venom's host again (seriously, what was wrong with Flash, his Agent Venom tenure was better than Brock's), when you turn Doom into Iron Man, instead of just launching a proper Doom solo, when you give the OC Wasp a solo, but sideline Jan, people are gonna be pissed, and righfully so. Current Marvel's B/C-List are brilliant, period. They're right there with the indie books. But their A-List books range from average to pretty darn bad.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd really like a new Champions box set: Kamala Khan (!), Tyke, Chulk, and Viv. We already have multiples of Miles and Sam. I know DST is trying to avoid box sets though. I still want Ultimates but there's no change there. I guess ideally I'd want an Ultimates/Champions split wave, but that's pretty unlikely. A Death of X wave with a mix of modern X-Men would be nice, as would some more (somewhat) classic Thunderbolts. For solo characters, I'd like to see the current Hercules (maybe more likely since he's an Avenger again?) and Kate Bishop.

Hmm, good choices. I'd definitely take a T-Bolts box-set. It's the only major incarnation whose mates we don't have. I mean, sure, we also don't have the Diggle-Bolts, but come on, we're never gonna get Headsman, Paladin and Mister X. Even if I don't care for the OGs individually, they make for a great team. Then you have the Raft-Bolts, probably my faves after the OzBolts, but we need lots of figs to complete that line-up, due to its nature.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:56 PM, Kostisfire said:

Well, when you kill off Stark just a year after you vowed to make him a flagship character, when you change Venom's host again (seriously, what was wrong with Flash, his Agent Venom tenure was better than Brock's), when you turn Doom into Iron Man, instead of just launching a proper Doom solo, when you give the OC Wasp a solo, but sideline Jan, people are gonna be pissed, and righfully so. Current Marvel's B/C-List are brilliant, period. They're right there with the indie books. But their A-List books range from average to pretty darn bad.

I think it's more that most people have seen through the endless relaunch/restart gimmick and are just sick and tired of it.  Books aren't even lasting a full year before they are relaunched with a new #1.  It's nuts.  I agree with you (mostly) that Marvel and DC are producing some very good books outside of their major titles (I mean, the Vision is one of the best books Marvel has ever published and totally lives up to all the hype), but they're dropping the ball on the core titles by and large.  I just read the second Amazing Spider- Man trade the other day, and while I have been a big fan of Dan Slott on the book, I'm starting to feel like it's time for him to move on.  They've turned Spider-Man into some kind of a Batman/Iron Man hybrid, and it just does not work for the character.

I'd love to get mates of the new Power Man and Iron Fist looks. Iron Doom would also be nice. There are still so many characters from the LAST Marvel Now that I still want (namely the Uncanny X-Men team) but with the constant relaunches and costume redesigns, it's seeming less and less likely that's gonna happen. 

Edited by suicidewatch

2 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

I'd love to get mates of the new Power Man and Iron Fist looks. Iron Doom would also be nice. There are still so many characters from the LAST Marvel Now that I still want (namely the Uncanny X-Men team) but with the constant relaunches and costume redesigns, it's seeming less and less likely that's gonna happen. 

If we get a wave based on Death of X, I think there's a chance we could get Cyclops' team. I assume they'll be at least somewhat important since (I believe) it's a flashback.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:23 PM, hellpop said:

Occupy Avengers is the absolute dumbest name for a comic book I've ever heard.

Agreed. Even if you're psyched about the concept it's an extremely lame title.

Between the promos and cover images there's very little I'd be interested in. If Miguel is back in his classic Spider-Man 2099 costume I'd definitely buy it. I guess I'd take a Kate Bishop Hawkeye if she's sporting the look from the Fraction run. Gorilla-Man and Machine Man from the Mercs for Money would be cool. That's about it. I'd probably go out of my way not to buy those Daredevil and Iron Fist costumes.

32 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I can't really afford to keep up with all the comics I'd like to, but IIRC the Uncanny roster is Magneto, Sabretooth, Archangel, Psylocke, and M. Is that all?

Haha, I suppose when I meant new, I meant the previous incarnation written by Bendis. I currently haven't read the ANAD Uncanny X-men with the roster you're talking about. I really want to see an x-face Cyclops, all-white Magneto, and an updated Magik (in black leather costume). Also, I'm right there with ya' on the inability to afford all the comics I want to keep up with. Recently I've just been wating until TPB's release so I can grab them at my library.

Edited by OvenproofBug6

28 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Haha, I suppose when I meant new, I meant the previous incarnation written by Bendis. I currently haven't read the ANAD Uncanny X-men with the roster you're talking about. I really want to see an x-face Cyclops, all-white Magneto, and an updated Magik (in black leather costume). Also, I'm right there with ya' on the inability to afford all the comics I want to keep up with. Recently I've just been wating until TPB's release so I can grab them at my library.

Oh, I see. I do think we have a decent chance of getting at least part of that team since I assume they're coming back for Death of X.

12 hours ago, hellpop said:

I think it's more that most people have seen through the endless relaunch/restart gimmick and are just sick and tired of it.  Books aren't even lasting a full year before they are relaunched with a new #1.  It's nuts.  I agree with you (mostly) that Marvel and DC are producing some very good books outside of their major titles (I mean, the Vision is one of the best books Marvel has ever published and totally lives up to all the hype), but they're dropping the ball on the core titles by and large.  I just read the second Amazing Spider- Man trade the other day, and while I have been a big fan of Dan Slott on the book, I'm starting to feel like it's time for him to move on.  They've turned Spider-Man into some kind of a Batman/Iron Man hybrid, and it just does not work for the character.

Yeah, it's true that the Big 2 and especially Marvel would rather relaunch rather than just tell a story. Thankfully indie titles don't have that problem yet, but I've already seen such tactics in Dark Horse. The new Aliens series that started what, last February or something, was advertised as an ongoing, but in reality it's a 12 issue maxi-series. Meanwhile, over at Valiant, we're at issue 16 of Ninjak, and it's still going strong. Same with East of West. My indie books have a certain spot in my shelves, and they keep pilling up. Meanwhile, my Marvel and DC books are constantly replaced. It really grinds my gears.

As for Spider-Man, eh, I stopped caring a while ago. I'm not an MJ fan, so the marriage being gone didn't bother me, but I didn't like the way it was done. As for the newer stuff, they never caught my eye, and the ANAD Vol is totally bonkers. Certainly not something I'd waste 10 euros per month on. I'd rather get some B/C-List books that will most probably be cancelled within the year, but chances are they'll offer me more joy.

I haven't read a new marvel comic in ages and looking at those covers it looks like a confusing mess not a jumping on point. 2 things stuck out though, whats the rational of having multiples of the same character? there were from what i could see 2 thors 3 hulks about 17 different captain Americas about as many deadpools and 162 spider man, girl, boys, whatevers. Also i get that diversity is a good thing and all but why does marvel feel the need to get every black character they have out of the back catalogue and have them all on the same couple of teams? 

Having said that looking at the covers I would like a Misty Knight, Satana 2 pack please, also the idea of mike allred silver surfer appeals to me on some level

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

I haven't read a new marvel comic in ages and looking at those covers it looks like a confusing mess not a jumping on point. 2 things stuck out though, whats the rational of having multiples of the same character? there were from what i could see 2 thors 3 hulks about 17 different captain Americas about as many deadpools and 162 spider man, girl, boys, whatevers. Also i get that diversity is a good thing and all but why does marvel feel the need to get every black character they have out of the back catalogue and have them all on the same couple of teams? 

Having said that looking at the covers I would like a Misty Knight, Satana 2 pack please, also the idea of mike allred silver surfer appeals to me on some level

I  know you're exaggerating, but there are actually two Thors, two Hulks (if you count Red Hulk), three Captain Americas, one Deadpool (he just has his own team), and seven Spider-people (if you count Silk).

Normally, I'd be all "Hasbro's doing Moon Knight"-arghghg, but, considering that it looks awful, well, I'm just happy with my Black Knight & Amora... I mean, look at it:

SDCC2016-Marvel-Legends-3.75-Inch-007.jp

I-It looks like one of those cheap knock-offs that you'd find in a "Sense of Right Alliance" box-set at the dollar store...

Though I am kinda dissapointed that Hasbro's doing the new 2099 costume before DST. At first I hated it, but it really grew on me...

C0032AS00%20SPD%20SPIDER%20MAN%202099__s

Edited by Kostisfire