UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates BOGO Free at TRU during Comic Con

hellpop

My TRU restocked the new marvel wave and Cap. CW  before they sold most of the first stocking. I bought all the doubles I needed.  I have a feeling I'll probably have to do some extra traveling to secure deadpool and CW wave 2.(as there is no room for any new mates.) I'll be lucky if the new Alien wave will fit on the pegs.

8 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

Never even saw that wave at mine. It's a bummer as well because I'd like to use the coat from the Wolverine for a Mastermind custom. We have a ton of the TMNT and Indie comic waves as peg warmers and the only Marvel are the CW ones. 

I made a Mastermind custom with that coat. It works really well, IMO.

2 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

This is pretty much SOP for TRU. Have a big BOGO sale, THEN stock the product after the sale ends.

Well, they DO want to make money....

• 2 weeks later...

So it's the 2nd day of TRU's sdcc special deals & still no BOGO minimates -- at least on the dot com.  Instead, they are offering 20% off those large (think 3ft tall) action figures.  Has anyone here actually found BOGO 'mates in stores?

10 hours ago, homestar17 said:

So it's the 2nd day of TRU's sdcc special deals & still no BOGO minimates -- at least on the dot com.  Instead, they are offering 20% off those large (think 3ft tall) action figures.  Has anyone here actually found BOGO 'mates in stores?

Stopped by my TRU this morning and still nothing... Then again their Marvel mates consisted entirely of two Nova/Carnage packs, a single Stealth Spidey/Sandman pack, and a lonely Klaue/Hulk pack that's been there probably 8 months. I did see that the Indie wave and Muppets mates are clearance right now at $3.98 though and plenty of those in stock. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I was in TRU last week and they had signs up for the BOGO sale, but it said Wave 19 (They had two each of wave 20 & 21, just the leftovers from the last BOGO) I grabbed another animated Fury pack and a random wave 21 pack.

Didn't even know this was a SDCC sale they had going :) I just thought they were clearing out stock again