UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

PMs missing after yesterday's maintenance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My folders shows messages but I click into them and there are none. Just one that says "from deleted member"

and every thread I go into only has posts from 2015

Edited by Webhead

I don't know how its even possible that some people are seeing posts fine and others are not, unless it is a user cache issue. The PM thing is serious and it is being worked on. The PM database seems fine but yet the site is not connecting with it and IPB (software) is not sure what is going on. We must upgrade the software or risk numerous challenges that have already taken their toll on the site. I had to upgrade the host server and several of the details that go along with the server. Its not a move I wanted to make, but got backed into a corner and here we are.

I appreciate folks letting me know the problems they are having. I am doing the best I can, as fast as I can.

I'm having the same post viewing problem only the most recent things I'm seeing are Feb 2016 even though it says there are posts as of today. I don't think its my computer cache either as I've had the same problem on both my home ipad and work desktop, different service providers, different IP addresses, etc.

I hope we're not coming off as harsh or pushy. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we know you're doing the best you can and don't expect the fix to happen with a simple click of a mouse. For me I've said my piece about the problems I'm seeing so I'll leave it at that and wait for the word that its all better. If I see anything else I'll let you know but until then I'ma step back and let you do your thing. Oh and thank you for everything you do to make this place run. We all appreciate it.

I am experiencing the same thing as Mysterious Stranger. Feb posts for most things, although some most recent posts are from last year.

And thank you for working on this, Shane!

Some threads for me have completely vanished (Marvel blind bags is the most obvious that I am missing.) Others seems to have big sections missing (Marvel animated 2.5 threads says 9 pages but I can only see 1 post on page 1. Every other page is just blank.)

I appreciate the patience. When discussing the needed upgrade with the software company, no mention of these possible problems was ever made. I have done upgrades in the past and for the most part, they have been seamless. My main career is an IT engineer, but I don't often work with PHP and CSS, so I am often depending on others for some help. I did not anticipate problems when moving to an upgraded server, running upgraded PHP, a requirement of the software upgrade, required to continue running this site, but here we are.

Just know I am doing my best and stressing for all of us, to get this sorted. I have had a lot of help from Ady. Just wanted to mention that.

Unfortunately, it looks like some PMs will be lost. The files are corrupted and the best back up restores only about half of them. Still at it...

The files are gigantic because everyone has large PM storage limits and we used to allow hosted images and there are gigabites of those. That and we are ten years old, so we have a ton of stored posts. Winter is coming. Or is it already here? Still working at this.

Hey Shane,

I know you are working overtime on the PMs, but do you have any idea what is going on with the rest of the board? I am hesitant to check more threads for fear of losing my 'most recent post' and only seeing stuff from long ago.

Thanks for any info!

12 hours ago, duckness said:

The new organization of the site is very confusing. Is it temporary? 

Not really, although it is customizeable.  Once the smoke clears I will work on features and new skins.

Also, since June was mostly work for me, I will do some more giveaways to celebrate our ten years as a community.

Thanks for all the hard work you do on this site, Shane.

Liking the new site already, if only for the fact that when I check out a thread on the Unread posts page, and then back up, the thread I read drops off the list! Before, it would just hang out there, all read and stuff. Now it's like I'm getting stuff done! Except I'm not really getting anything done.