UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

PMs missing after yesterday's maintenance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using my iPhone in portrait mode and I'm finding the formatting of the site only fills 50% of the width of my screen.

When I scroll down, the advertisement are the full width, but not the rest of the site.

It works fine in horizontal mode.

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm using my iPhone in portrait mode and I'm finding the formatting of the site only fills 50% of the width of my screen.

When I scroll down, the advertisement are the full width, but not the rest of the site.

It works fine in horizontal mode.

I get this about 75% of the time too. I think the new site is 'mobile friendly' as opposed to having a 'mobile' version like with the old site.

On 4 July 2016 at 9:31 PM, Onyx_6 said:

I get this about 75% of the time too. I think the new site is 'mobile friendly' as opposed to having a 'mobile' version like with the old site.

Is there anything that can be done?

I can't even request desktop version, so I am constantly resizing everything.

Still working out kinks.  Post counts should never go down, but this new software is tricky.  If you lost post count and want it back, send me a message.

Mobile settings are something I haven't quite gotten to yet.  I am working on that and new skins for those wanting options.

I've tried several different ways to make columns for my trade post, but can't seem to get it to work the way it used to. I've looked up several different ways to enter the BBCode, but none of them are giving me columns. Does anyone know the correct way to do it now? Thanks!

11 hours ago, pk13 said:

I've tried several different ways to make columns for my trade post, but can't seem to get it to work the way it used to. I've looked up several different ways to enter the BBCode, but none of them are giving me columns. Does anyone know the correct way to do it now? Thanks!

New code is needed for the columns. 

Basic steps:

1. When you reply (or edit your post) click on the Source button in upper leftReplyColumn1.jpg
  2. Paste the table code below into the text field (you may want to copy/paste your current list to a notepad or something if you are editing) and hit Submit Reply button in lower rightReplyColumn2.jpg
  3. Then you can go back and edit your text as normal and adjust font, colors, etc to fill out the rest of your listReplyColumn3.jpg

Table code:

<p>
    <strong><span style="color:#ffa500;">Updated 7/11/2016</span></strong>
</p>

<table border="1" width="100%">
    <tbody>
        <tr align="center" valign="top">
            <td width="50%">
                Wants
            </td>
            <td width="50%">
                Haves
            </td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>

Thanks for doing that Lurch.

On another note, I am looking into threads that are not working.  If there is a thread you can see but will not cooperate, let me know.  At the same time, feel free to recreate the thread.  

Being perfectly honest about this whole situation, I think we (as a community) got off lightly.  The upgrade to the new software really wreaked havoc on the databases and their stability, but we came out of it functional and that is more that some can say.  I continue to work on things and plan to add more themes (new name for skins).  I know some folks like the darker feel.  I don't know about an app yet, but all themes will be tablet and smart phone compatible.

If you have a specific request, feel free to let us know and we will see about implementing it.  Luke's Toy Store banner is not there, but it will be back as soon as we can get it straight.  I think he has a few things on his plate at the moment.

I always thought it would be nice to have some sort of gallery option. Somewhere we could group all our general photos, pictures of new waves or new reveals or for me personally, my customs. I think a lot of times there are some brilliant photos that get lost in the threads, and it would be nice to have an option to just browse photos. Ivan does such an outstanding job with the database, which is the greatest thing ever for reference, this would just be a collection of cool pics, new customs, new dioramas, new action shots, etc.....

just my :twocents:

Shanester - I'm having trouble locating this years Birthday elephant thread. Is it possible that it got lost with the PM's? 
It was sub titled 'The Dark Elephant Saga'. Is there any way to find out what happened to it?