UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel NOW! Minimates Blind Bag Series

youbastards

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I know it's pretty much always this way, but it's weird that the pamphlet inside doesn't include this series, so you have no way of knowing what you can even get in this series, unless the box displays them, which I don't know. So the average customer would, truly, be blind picking these. It's also weird that it advertises such old sets like hulk through the ages, antman box set and Luke's exclusive box set (which is kinda cool they are still advertising for that) 

56 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Also, I know it's pretty much always this way, but it's weird that the pamphlet inside doesn't include this series, so you have no way of knowing what you can even get in this series, unless the box displays them, which I don't know. So the average customer would, truly, be blind picking these. It's also weird that it advertises such old sets like hulk through the ages, antman box set and Luke's exclusive box set (which is kinda cool they are still advertising for that) 

The box does display them, and IIRC they're also on the back of the pack itself. I think it could definitely be more prominent, but it is there.

Also, I believe the Hulk TtA set got a second run fairly recently. The only difference I know of is the packaging and Maestro's IM helmet is a more modern design.

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Each bag shows everyone on the back. The box shows everyone, as well. I don't know exactly what pamphlet made it inside these bags (there has been some confusion over which insert should be running in certain waves), but all three of those box sets are still available, one of them through our store, and the other was in our store until recently. I try to promote sets that are still available as a rule, but I don't necessarily update the pamplet to include the wave it comes with, because obviously they know that series is available. And I'll advertise Luke's set for as long as I can.

One of the things I noticed upon opening these figures was that the left hip was stuck on almost every 'mate. Regardless of which character, the left hip was frozen and needed some convincing to be loosened. I thought that was odd. In over ten years I've rarely had to deal with stuck joints yet here was a case laden with one in particular.

8 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

One of the things I noticed upon opening these figures was that the left hip was stuck on almost every 'mate. Regardless of which character, the left hip was frozen and needed some convincing to be loosened. I thought that was odd. In over ten years I've rarely had to deal with stuck joints yet here was a case laden with one in particular.

It must be a case-by-case issue. None of mine had any joint problems.

One question and one comment.  

1. Where are the Marvel blind bags sold at? I'm not real into Marvel Minimates, I collect some but don't track them all down, but just curious where you even buy them at.

2. I really like this forum. I mostly trolled for years, but since registering, I think most of the people here are pretty fantastic and this is a great community. Just thought I'd add that in.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

At LCS and "specialty stores" (I'm not entirely certain what these are).

thought that was the case, the 2 comic stores on the island where I live don't believe in mates so I always miss specialty store mates & I don't like buying blind bag online. ( I like to feel them lol ) 

thanks for the info  BD ?

4 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

...I didn't even know these came out ? 

Yeah, they've been out since December.  I haven't seen anybody restock these lately so if you find any out in the wild it will be whatever's been picked over.

There's some info back on page 10 of the order they come in and how many of each figure are in the wave if you do happen to stumble upon them.

Edited by MisterMiracle

11 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

At LCS and "specialty stores" (I'm not entirely certain what these are).

The "specialty comic market" is basically any store that orders from Diamond Comics' Previews catalog. Most are comic shops, many are online toy stores, and some are brick-and-mortar toy and gift shops. Many of the comic shops are registered with ComicShopLocator.com, but not all possible retailers. I do not believe these have sold into any large chains like Barnes & Noble or Hot Topic, as I have not heard from sales nor the street, and I'm not sure that Amazon proper would stock these, but all of them carry certain specialty items. They were not offered to TRU.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CortherX said:

the yellow on my Wolverine is noticeably darker than the rest of her, to where it's almost green. is this common, not so common? it really bugs me, if only because the rest of the yellow is so bright.

17198488_870925319712256_261166693_n.jpg

yup, seems it is a common error for this figure in that it needed more coats of yellow. 

well that's too bad. a great mate, otherwise.

actually, looking at my displays, it's seems to be a pretty common problem with yellow. GS Banshee and Cyclops suffer from it on legs and wrists, all FA X-Men (well, minus Iceman) and Cannonball (New Mutants). that's just the side i was looking at. which i guess up until now i haven't noticed, or have and didn't give it much thought. i guess if i've lived with it this long...

Edited by CortherX