UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel NOW! Minimates Blind Bag Series

youbastards

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Not to be a dick but I really hope DST loses a tonnnn of money on these so that they'll NEVER try it again. I'll help em make their money back by buying vehicles though :P

Agreed. I want more of the Most Wanted/Strikeforce waves less of this bs.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/24/2016 at 3:41 PM, youbastards said:

Why not just offer up the extra to the next member in line for cost plus shipping?

8 hours ago, youbastards said:

I've also been selling the Hot Topic blind bag exclusives for $25-$30.  

Wow.  So you're a "Do as I say, not as I do" kinda guy, eh?

Sure, this forum sucks now anyway, so why not.

You've been bitching non stop about this Silk list, and as soon as you find an extra, instead of offering to help one of the other members on the list, it turned into "well, what can I get out of it".

Edited by youbastards

I'm also the guy that hooks up EVERYONE at cost + shipping on EVERYTHING.  TRU Spider-Gwen (over 30 sets if you include the assists from my list), TRU Ant-Man/Falcon (over 10 sets), any of the Walgreens stuff (MULTIPLE sets)...everything.

I'm clearly not the only one complaining about blind bags on here but I do all that I can to make it easier on everyone.  I put together the list of who needs help with Silk and a guide for how many of each character is in the wave and the order in which you can find them to help people out on here.

I just traded my extra Silk to someone on here to someone that needed it AND wanted to get rid of their duplicates thus helping out twice in one swoop.  I don't think that's quite as terrible as you believe it to be.

I don't agree that this forum "sucks" now but maybe it would be better if we had more people pitching in to help instead of selling stuff for "$25-$30".

Edited by MisterMiracle

I'm just trying to help out.  I, personally, think this place is still awesome (and I've been here just about as long as you have).  I've been in other forums or FB groups and they are terrible.  Marvel Legends, Star Wars, etc. There's A LOT of deadbeats and dishonest people on there that don't come through with payments after you buy stuff for them that they said they wanted.  AND there's a lot of scalpers. 

The biggest thing that I LOVE about this place is that people help each other out on here as much as they do.  A lot of people have helped me out over the years with hard to find stuff at cost + shipping.  That's why I've been doing the same thing so much over the years.  If that part of this place goes away, then it definitely loses its charm.

Edited by MisterMiracle

I hate to see an argument but speaking AS the next guy (if it even matters), youbastards, yeah it was lame for me for a second but then I remembered come on the dude is still hooking up people at cost! Like he said he was trying to kill 2 birds. In the end it's his decision and I totally have nothing but respect for it since he's still hooking people up! Hopefully another one comes through and someone can hook me up next ;) 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

This is the only blind-bagged Marvel wave currently planned. In fact, I believe it is the last blind-bagged assortment scheduled to be released for any license, although one is still tentative for next year.

This assortment did not replace an assortment of two-packs starring a complete X-roster or obscure Avengers. If anything, it replaced a blind assortment of repackaged Greatest Hits figures, and we assumed this would sell better (and be better received) across the board, although I know some here would have preferred it.

I don't agree with YB's assessment of this forum, and think it is one of the best communities out there, although I still see threads (and people) that could stand to be better informed about how things in the industry (and this brand) work, and I try to help when I am able.

4 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

Wow.  So you're a "Do as I say, not as I do" kinda guy, eh?

To be fair, MM, you DID start the Silk list so people who needed her could be helped in an orderly fashion. Selling one Silk to the first person in line would have given you the money to buy whatever common character you wanted elsewhere. You may have saved yourself a step, but it also seems like you have turned your back on the people you once rallied together.

YB may have criticized scalpers before, but there is not a Hot Topic NBX waiting list that I am aware of, and I certainly can't fault him for trying to recoup some of his investment in the brand over the years.

I disagree.  I think "turning my back" would be selling it on eBay for quadruple the price instead of helping someone on here.  I'm still helping out someone on here AND I'm still trying to track down more of these to help out others (especially The Scarlet Spider who I've already been in contact with and am already helping out with some other stuff at cost).  I'm a little annoyed that my character seems to be questioned especially after all the good that I've done here and will continue to do.

I guess I should start charging 400% more on everything then instead of cost + shipping to recoup some of my investment over the past 8 years.

It seems like there are plenty of people that don't have the "rare" stuff from NBX, TMNT or Predator.  I just think those lines aren't nearly as popular as Marvel so it's not talked about as much.  I gave up on NBX.  I've been asking for help with the TMNT stuff for MONTHS with zero success.  Several people have walked away from the TMNT line (both here and in other forums) because they had the same issue.

Edited by MisterMiracle

I just opened the figures I got from MisterPL and I'm mostly impressed with them.

Old Man Logan is a great variant of the character.

Iron Man will fit right in with the other armors I have in the Hall of Armor.

I got Miles because I really like his Ultimate series and I needed him for my small Ultimate Comics collection.

X-23 Wolverine is a nicely designed figure with one big issue - the yellow on her torso and arms isn't heavy enough to cover the blue block its printed on. This wouldn't be an issue except that her hip piece, legs and mask all have a nice vibrant yellow. One or the other would be great but the mix between the two is distracting. I can forgive the color of the stripe on the arms, its not as noticeable, but the big torso tampo, front and back, really stands out. Its a shame too because this is a solid design.

Over all, I'm happy with these four. They are really the only ones I wanted from this wave and I'm glad I got them.

I got a similar selection to MS (although I picked Venom instead of Logan). I feel pretty much the same way about them, but I have a few notes of my own.

Iron Man is a pretty great figure (even if I did end up with two), but I wish we could have gotten the upper-arm paint and repulsor hand seen on the artwork. Some manner of flight stand would have been nice too, but maybe it wouldn't have fit. I do quite like this Tony Stark head, however.

I agree about the yellow of Wolverine's chest block being too pale. Also, the blue/black of her body and limbs seems a little dark compared to the comic art. It is Inconsistently coloured, though, and the highlights/shadows issue has been around for quite a while.

Venom is a great figure, and he has enough alternate parts that it's very easy to display Flash and Venom at once. I love to see the "transforming" minimates, since I almost always have a spare minimate so it's (sort of?) like getting two for the price of one.

I feel compelled to jump in and defend MisterMiracle.  The dude has helped me out more times than I can remember & unfortunately, I have never been able to repay his kindness yet he continues to bail me out.  Not only is he generous in his offer to help, he's just down right courteous.  That's a quality that's hard to find in anyone, anywhere & I wish was more common on the interwebs.  If anyone deserves praise & positive karma, it's MM.

14 hours ago, Heinous said:

I'm looking for  space venom if anyone can help me out 

2 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

I need Space Venom and X-23, so if you've got extras that you're looking to unload message me.

Send me a PM guys, I can grab them for you at cost + shipping.

I had gone into my LCS looking for these after seeing that they supposedly had them in their weekly email. Apparently they had only ordered one case for a customer, so I couldn't help anyone out; I got my case from Luke.