UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel NOW! Minimates Blind Bag Series

youbastards

7 hours ago, CortherX said:

can you even really tell who's who when feeling the bags?

I did, with one hundred percent accuracy thus far. It isn't very hard. If you can finvd them, you should be fine.

Some tips:

-Spider-Man, Silk, and Iron Man all feel similar. For Silk, make sure the figure has hair. For Iron Man, make sure the alternate head has hair. For Spider-Man, make sure the figure has neither.

-Wolverine is pretty easy to distinguish by her sculpted boots, which no other figure has.

-Spider-Gwen is similar, as she's the only figure with hair strands in the front.

-Old Man Logan feels sort of like Iron Man or Spider-Man, but his short hair and lack of an alternate head set him apart.

-Venom is by far the easiest because of how big he is. You should be able to tell just by holding the bag.

-I don't think I've come across Deadpool yet, but I imagine it should be fairly simple to indentify her shoulder pads.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Idk if we're only taking about Minimates, but my buddy went to a tru and they kept the minifigure Legos behind the counter and just handed you how ever many you want. What an idiotic thing to do.... 

I haven't been to TRU in ages, but last time I went, they didn't even keep the minifigures blind bags near the counter. They were on aisle-end caps.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

For what it's worth, I've personally never been in a store that didn't allow you to feel blind bags.

I've been to two.  What sucks is that I could buy them to help out people on here but I'm not buying them if I have no idea who I'm getting.  So...they're still there months later and then they end up not getting any new stuff in.  Helluva business plan!

We finally have some progress on the Silk list!

SILK LIST

1.  MisterMiracle

2.  The Scarlet Spider

3.  CBMM1

4.  force2099

5.  Tetton517

6.  Dannii

7.  TENIME_art

8.  TheKrisLyons

9.  JesseDaPrince

10.  Turtle

11.  stwaz

12.  Heroic Slacker

13.  Scorpion

14.  jjwspider

15.  Psyguy

16.  Mystery Man  

17.  Heinous

18.  stegron01  (U.K.)

19.  Cappy

How many of each

Silk x1

Deadpool 2099 x2

Venom x2

Gwen x2

Old Man Logan x2

Spidey x3

Iron Man x3

Wolverine x3

Figure Order:

#1  =  Old Man Logan

#2  =  Old Man Logan

#3  =  Spidey

#4  =  Venom

#5  =  Venom

#6  =  Gwen

#7  =  Deadpool 2099

#8  =  Deadpool 2099

#9  =  Gwen

#10  =  Silk

#11  =  Iron Man

#12  =  Iron Man

#13  =  Spidey

#14  =  Wolverine

#15  =  Wolverine

#16  =  Iron Man

#17  =  Spidey

#18  = Wolverine

Edited by MisterMiracle

It turns out my girlfriend is a great distraction when you need to feel the bags and don't want to get yelled at.

I've found two Silks so far.  They were both in the #10 spot.  You can tell it's her by feeling for the edge of the hair on top of her her head and making sure there's no hair hanging over her shoulders in front (like Gwens).

I'm keeping one for myself.  If anyone needs Silk but has duplicates of some of the others from this wave, pm me. 

Edited by MisterMiracle

8 hours ago, youbastards said:

Why not just offer up the extra to the next member in line for cost plus shipping?

Because I know there are people on here that bought a box and split them up and might need Silk and also need to get rid of some duplicates so I can murder multiple birds while conserving stones.  I'm kinda interested in some of the other ones after seeing the loose pictures.

6 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Are tese being carried at TRU or only specialty? I can venture out to a couple of TRUs to look for Silks (have no interest in one for me) but the comic shop in Rochester doesn't carry mates that I've ever seen.

These are not available at Toys R us, they're only available at comic shops.  

17 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

So...Menagerie SOLD 14 Silks at $24.99 and then the last one 1 at $29.99.  

Remember when I suggested that nobody on here buy them so the price drops?  The exact opposite happened.  

To be fair, if the first 14 hadn't sold at $24.99, I can't imagine the 15th would have gone up for five dollars more.

It's still pretty scummy, though.

4 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

So...Menagerie SOLD 14 Silks at $24.99 and then the last one 1 at $29.99.  

Remember when I suggested that nobody on here buy them so the price drops?  The exact opposite happened.  

Don't look at me. I wasn't a part of that

But I can see why someone might go through him. What if you wait and never find one and can't get anyone to help you out. It's cheaper than $80 next year. Peace of mind I suppose 

Edited by Heinous

Well, assuming he bought 15 cases (looks like he might be getting them direct from Diamond now), that's still 255 Minimates that he needs to try and recoup the cost on aside from the 1 per cases.

I bought a Silk from him for $25.  I've also been selling the Hot Topic blind bag exclusives for $25-$30.  I used to condemn Menagerie, but when it comes to Blind Bags, we're all getting ^&#$ed anyway, so might as well play the game.